Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cane creek double Barrel on a 2005 enduro
  • julians
    Free Member

Does anyone know if a ccdb will fit a 2005 enduro?

And I've read that you need to set them up correctly to work with the bikes suspension, does that mean you need to be a expert in suspension tuning to make them work well, or is it easy enough for a novice to sort out without much problem?

Cheers

geetee1972
    Free Member

It will fit; it's one of the few aftermarket dampers that is available in 8.5×2.5 configuration. Allegedly the CCDB was developed with the Enduro as a test bike hence why it's available in that length and stroke.

Yes the CCDB will absolultely transform the ride of your bike and no you don't need to be a suspension wizard to get it working well. Infact you'll probably find that the stock settings are enough of a transformation to be left as they are.

However, all the adjustments are independent of each other so if you do want to start tweaking, then it's very simple to do. Read the manual on the Cane Creek website; it's very intuitive and really does explain what's going on and what to tweak to change this and that characteristic. If after doing so you're left cold then maybe think twice. But I doubt you will and it really is one of those 'moves the game on a big way' type products.

julians
    Free Member

Cheers, will have a look at the manual.

Do you know if you can get at (and adjust) all the adjusters when its mounted to the frame? ie is there enough space?

geetee1972
    Free Member

It's a very good question. On the Enduro it will be dead easy; the adjusting taps are set at the head of the resevior at 45 degrees so they will be very easy to access. Failing that, the damper comes with a very natty adjusting spanner that allows to access the taps wherever they are. On the Demo 8 for example is pretty tricky.

Also have a look on MTBR.com forums as there were always discussions of this sort on there and a large number of people ended up running the CCDB on their 05-07 Enduros.

I would have put one on mine but I ended up breaking the frame terminally so I ended up putting one on its Nicolai Helius AM replacement.

Other tips; don't bother ordering it with a ti spring as Cane Creek only supply 3" and 3.5" stroke Ti springs. They work fine but you end up carrying far more material than you need and thereby negating the weight advantage.

If you're going to order one, Freeborn are doing a good deal on them at the moment: £481.

The thing I like most about what it does is the separation between the low and high speed. On other dampers you end up in a compromise between the low speed damping and sensitivity over smaller (but still high speed) inputs. For example, with Pro-Pedal, when you have it set to medium or higher levels, it inhibits the initial part of the shock movement so although you get a firm feel to bike, you get poor grip of smaller roots and rocks. With the CCDB, you can dial in a decent amount of low speed compression so that you can really pump and accelerate the bike over rolling terrain, but even over the smallest of ripples the thing opens up and you get oodles of grip.

psychle
    Free Member

Thinking about getting one for my '07 Enduro SL… just to beef things up a little and for the adjustability… also 'cause it looks quite pimp if I'm honest 😳 8)

geetee1972
    Free Member

JFDI mate best £500 you'll ever spend on your bike.

rs
    Free Member

rs
    Free Member

There's another, neither are mine by the way.

dasnut
    Free Member

triple chainring and ccdb for the win

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cane creek double Barrel on a 2005 enduro’ is closed to new replies.