Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cane Creek Double Barrel Airs – does a mm make a huge difference?
  • PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Looking at buying a new frame with a shock size of 215 x 63mm. A mate’s selling a CC DB Air which is 216 x 63mm. The frame I’m buying has previously been sold with a CC DB Air as an option. What’s strange is I can’t find the 216 x 63mm to buy aftermarket, only 215 x 63mm.

I am wondering whether that whole mm is an issue, or whether it’s actually a slight misinterpretation when converting from inches (215.9mm).

So, basically, if I buy and run this, will I die?

honourablegeorge

That’s just rounding. 8.5″ is 215.9cm – this is why Rock Shox have gone al metric

There is of course a very good chance that if you bottom out without rounding down the extra mm will go into meltdown and explode.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

There is of course a very good chance that if you bottom out without rounding down the extra mm will go into meltdown and explode.

This is what I am afraid of… 😆

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

I’ve got a banshee rune, and tried Verious rockshox debonair and now a CCDB air
    It seems to depend on the web site it they round up or down 216/215mm but don’t stress it’s all the same.
    In my humble opinion, after years of fox rp23 and then rockshox monarch then debonair piggy back the CCDB air is a different level of quality, bit heavy but amazing when set up, made my pikes up front feel wooden.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

It seems to depend on the web site it they round up or down 216/215mm but don’t stress it’s all the same.

Cool, thanks. That’s the conclusion I’ve leapt to, and shock is now mine. I look forward to finding out how much better it is than the Fox CTD it’s replacing.

sideshow
    Free Member

seeing as offset bushings get sold aftermarket, which effectively change shock length by up to 6mm, you could either

(1) buy some yourself to undo the extra mm, or

(2) take that as a sign that being a mm off is acceptable

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cane Creek Double Barrel Airs – does a mm make a huge difference?’ is closed to new replies.