Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cane Creek Double Barrel Air issue-Service needed ?
  • alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

When I sit on my Alpine the first bit of travel/sag dont feel right, when I`m sitting on it it feels ok. It sort of judders in the first bit.
    Shit explanation I know, can anybody work out from my description what the problem may be

godzilla
    Free Member

I’ve had this, sent it to Tf and they deny the shock back with all manor of warranted bits including a new shaft.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Bookmarked.

Have the same shock.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Ok, thanks

Ill get it of to TF.

poah
    Free Member

do you have a volume reducer in it?

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Not that I’m aware of. I bought it from someone who had it “tuned” for an alpine 160 but then bought a different frame. I ve not used the bike for a while and only noticed it.

jemima
    Free Member

Mine does this and did it from new. I’ve seen various threads here and elsewhere which indicates it is a standard (i.e. non-fault) feature of the shock.

To me it feels like some damping piston (or negative spring air piston) is shuttling to the loaded position when the weight goes on the bike.

The bike never spends any time in that part of the stroke when being ridden so doesn’t worry me. Unless of course loads of people say they got something fixed on warranty due to this…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cane Creek Double Barrel Air issue-Service needed ?’ is closed to new replies.