Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cane Creek Double Barrel
  • Stu661
    Free Member

I am thinking about getting a Cane Creek Double Barrel shock to replace my Fox DHX Air that I have on my Nomad. Really like the way a coil handles the downhill’s and reacts to small bumps.

From the people who use them or have tried them how well do they perform when climbing? How hard are they to get the set up right?

Is it also possible to get a Ti spring for them in a 2.5″ stroke?

grantway
    Free Member

il personally give a Elka 5 stage a go.
    But in saying that the CCDB is meant to come pre set
    same has the Elka 5 stage.

I just prefer to keep it simple

steveh

Yes you can definitely get a ti spring for them, they are very adjustable so you can play with various points to fine tune the way it works on climbs as you wish. They are amazing to ride, totally worth the hype.

mikey74
    Free Member

I have an Elka Stage 5 and love it. When I was looking at new shocks, it appeared to be down to two choices:

– CCDB: Loads of adjustment for those you love spending time setting up their suspension, and know what they are doing.

– Elka: Custom tuned, with less adjustment, but still plenty to play around with (LSC, HSC, rebound, preload). With the Elka, the high speed rebound is automatically set in relation to the low speed rebound, which you adjust yourself (I hope I’ve got that the right way round).

grantway
    Free Member

Hi Mikey may I ask where you bought the Elka 5 stage from?

mikey74
    Free Member

Got it through a mate in the biz: He got it from the importer Silverfish.

grantway
    Free Member

Thanks Mikey74 can you give us a review of it.

jockthestore
    Free Member

Just got a CCDB for my Orange 5 the other week. It rocks. Simple as that. Got mine from TF tuned who also allowed me to swap my spring for a harder one free of charge after it had been riden for a week. One thing they did say however is that they didn’t think it was worth forking out for a Ti spring as the weight is not so different. Perhaps for a big downhill shock, but not for a 5.

Get one. You know it makes sence. Big up the Cane creek revelution!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cane Creek Double Barrel’ is closed to new replies.