Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Cane Creek DBinline – just sharing my misery
  • Rubber_Buccaneer

I was quite smug that my DBinline hadn’t shat itself like so many others but my turn has come 🙁 By the end of my last ride it wasn’t feeling good, squelchy noises and compression adjustment not doing much. Removed it from the bike earlier and as I let the pressure out it blew some oil out the valve then when I shook it I could hear sloshing. Is this the usual type of failure? Anyone had the DBAir IL upgrade and lived happily ever after?

bruneep

after mine had two visits back to TFT I sold mine, I lived happily ever after.

Rubber_Buccaneer

It’s on it’s way to TF. You are not cheering me up 🙁

scruff
    Free Member

Second time mine went I had to pay for the fix, sold it and got a Fox float.

philstone

I’m going to curse mine now…

My Inline went to TF, they repaired ut under warranty. 8 months later it went again.

This time they repaired it and upgraded it to an iL. 4 weeks in and its still running beautifully.

(Or it was until I wrote this post..)

michaelbowden

Mine is with TF as I type for the upgrade.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Well i suppose the upgrade hasn’t been available for long so I can hope it’s more durable. Right now I wish I’d spent the extra on the Fox 🙁

sam_underhill

2 warranty fixes at TF for my DBInline. Last one got all the new internals (which is the most important bit). I also took the upgrade to the IL spec. Although to be honest its new linear spring need a volume reducer to make it ramp up a bit for my liking so it was probably a silly upgrade. I just want to make sure everything was as good as it could be to make sure the shock stayed on my bike rather than TF’s workshop. It looks nice with though 😉

So far so good. The small bump stuff is much nicer, I need a little more LSC for mid stroke support in berms. Also seemed like I need turn the HSR a little faster (maybe I’m just riding differently these days so took the opportunity to try some different settings).

oldeh
    Free Member

if you’ve sent it to TF it will get the updated internals and it will be fine. I got mine replace under warranty 18months ago and has been working without fault since anyway. But is riding really nice with the new internals.

sam_underhill

I think the very latest internals (ie the new seals etc similar to the IL) are only very recent. If you had new internal 18 months ago then I think you are only half way along the upgrade path.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Mine is only nine months old from new, has the blue seal etc. My hopes hang on the IL style sealhead being a leap forward in reliability. The number of people who have had their shock fixed twice suggests an inherent fault rather than factory QC.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Mine last 300 miles before dying on Dartmoor (after it had been back and got the blue seals). Gave up on it as a POS and bought a fox x2 instead.

legend
    Free Member

Mine is only nine months old from new, has the blue seal etc.

Proper updates only started in October, before that was just minor stuff

Rubber_Buccaneer

Yeah, I’m trying to hold onto some optimism. Really need the bike working for May and June

GolfChick
    Free Member

Sent mine in for a service august time and it got all new internals and practically a new shock all under warranty, not ridden much over winter as I opt for hardtail mostly and it sounds like a bag of crap again and uses all of its travel no matter what the settings change are. Bike is in for a respray soon so I’m tempted to send it off and see what tftuned say and whether they replace with new stuff or whether to flog it on and get something better. Everyone raves about customisation of them but frankly I just want it to work, I dont want to change or adjust it constantly I just want it to work!!!

darrenspink
    Free Member

Got my upgraded db back today. Feels magical. Better on rapid juttery stuff and feels like you’re landing in butter on drops.

bangermoose
    Free Member

Mine has also recently died, lasted longer than most at about 18 months old, that warranty territory still you know?

scruff
    Free Member

12 months iirc

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

*strokes DHX2 lovingly*

SirHC

Tom_W1987 – Member
    *strokes DHX2 lovingly*

If only Fox made an X2 in 190×51.

poah
    Free Member

teethgrinder

I have been told by Cane Creek directly that UK is 24m warranty…

chakaping
    Free Member

That’s certainly not what tf said when they made me pay to get mine fixed last time.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Tom_W1987 – Member 
    *strokes DHX2 lovingly*

I’ve been so happy with that CRConception coil spring in my Pike that I’d be all over a coil for the rear if I thought it would suit my linkage. For now I await a call from TF on Thursday (not entirely true, I’m about to go out on my hardtail 🙂 )

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Glad to hear that RB!

poah
    Free Member

if I thought it would suit my linkage

what bike?

Rubber_Buccaneer

Nicolai Ion GPI

poah
    Free Member

looks pretty good to run a coil TBH going from 3-2 ratio, quite progressive.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Interesting. I was under the impression that it was designed specifically for an air shock and lacked the progression to work with a coil…….but I never actually checked 😳

darrenspink
    Free Member

Well mines started chirping and sounding like a 40 a day smoker already, just over a week since the upgrade. Pretty cross and disappointed tbh 😐 call to TF tomorrow.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I didn’t get a call from TF, they just serviced the shock and sent it back. Shame as I rather fancied the upgrade and was happy to pay for it. I don’t know whether I have any upgraded internals or simply returned to as new. Expectations for long and happy life not high 🙁

darrenspink – Member 
    Well mines started chirping and sounding like a 40 a day smoker already

And yours is the full on upgrade, maybe I’ve dodged a bullet and should cut my losses and bin it if it fails again

tom85_4
    Free Member

Just booked my 3 week old DbAIR IL in with TF.

Strange click/ clunk when compressing through mid travel.

The clicks on the LSC adjuster are pretty much non existent when trying to add compression. Very hard to judge how much LSC I have put on, if you wind it all the way on and then back it off, you can then feel the clicks.

Shock felt really nice when I bought it for my scout!

darrenspink
    Free Member

The clicks on the LSC adjuster are pretty much non existent when trying to add compression. Very hard to judge how much LSC I have put on, if you wind it all the way on and then back it off, you can then feel the clicks.

Thats pretty normal I believe.

I didn’t have time to call TF yet, interested to see what they say. Mines got that clunk as well.

poah
    Free Member

you can hardly hear or feel the clicks of the LSC/LSR adjusters. you have to do it slowly to feel them.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Just had the same thing on my 190 x 51 ccdb inline on the bandit. I bought it as an “upgrade” over the rp23, and it has been fine for 18 months, but then in Jan it packed down, I had it serviced and it was all good until yesterday when it did the same thing. Luckily I was near a train station so could get back home without having to ride 15 miles on a chopper…

Sooo do I upgrade the internals or go for a new shock?

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Cane Creek DBinline – just sharing my misery’ is closed to new replies.