Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cane Creek DB inline
  • bowglie

I’m considering a 2015 frame that comes with a DB inline shock. I’ve read one or two horror stories about the DB inlines having terrible reliability problems. Anyone on here have first hand long term experience of these shocks?

FWIW, I noticed the frame manufacturer is using Monarch’s on their 2016 models….hmmm

gkeeffe

I’ve had one on my Bronson for about a year or so. Absolutely brilliant! Changed the bike completely and its been reliable so far. I think there were reliablet issues with some of the early ones, but now they’re sorted.

chakaping
    Free Member

There’s a thread running about them this week, experiences are mixed.

If the frame is a good price I might chance one again, but I’d want to have a backup shock for trips away.

Got that tyre BTW, cheers.

🙂

chrismac

Have one on my enduro and its excellent. Its had some bits replaced under warranty when TFT were servicing it even though it was an OEM one.

Would have another in a blink of an eye, love how it rides

Furrner
    Free Member

I raced last week with a member of their staff and was picking his brain on suitability for a future build. He confirmed they have made several revisions and now have a solid product, was very open about the earlier models failures. Anything that goes in for service or warranty should automatically get any updates or revised components to bring it up to latest spec.

bowglie

Thanks for the replies. Very good to hear about TFT being able to sort them under warranty. I wondered if there’d been some running modifications, so it sounds positive. I’m sure they’ve got to be better than the last Cane Creek shock I owned (a cloud nine – any remember them?!)

Hey CK, glad you got the tyre OK – & thanks for sending the other one back.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cane Creek DB inline’ is closed to new replies.