Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Cane creek db inline
  • volatilemike
    Free Member

So I got one of these on the new frame, it has so many settings it scares me. so naturally I dived straight in and messed things up. I wound the low speed rebound nut too far out and it popped off. I screwed it back on but it doesnt make a click every adjustment anymore like its supposed to, have I broke it?

fr0sty125
    Free Member

:/

matther01
    Free Member

Thinks it’s a Tftuned call for help you need

RickDraper
    Free Member

Rebuild time.

volatilemike
    Free Member

that is not what I wanted to hear, Ive ridden it once. f***

matther01
    Free Member

Call Tf…they’ll know what to do. Very helpful bunch IME

volatilemike
    Free Member

will do tomorrow mate, cheers.

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Have CC got base tunes for the Inline yet on their website, it’s where I’d start. I know they have them for the CCDBA.

volatilemike
    Free Member

yes they have mate, I’m just worried I’ve f****d the low speed rebound on mine, because it doesn’t click anymore.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

It is a bit shit that it is easy to unscrew so easily…

volatilemike
    Free Member

There was no warning either, it just popped off. it was difficult in the beginning anyway as sometimes it would click and then it wouldn’t, so I was left wondering how many adjustments I had made, if that makes sense?

I can understand not going too far the other way as it just stops, which is fair enough.

pedlad

Got mine on a new frame a last week and rode it for the first time over the weekend just on the base tune after setting sag. Felt pretty darn good tbh so will be very conservative about any changes.

I know the yanks go on a bit in their manuals due to litigation avoidance ( specialized road bike years manual blathered on loads about “risk of death” ) and so makes you want to avoid it but the dbinline one does talk about this adjuster having a soft stop and not to carry on unwinding it. So you didn’t feel any resistance at all?

volatilemike
    Free Member

If I turned it all the way clockwise I did feel the resistance, so stopped. However turning the other way, counter-clockwise there was no resistance at all and eventually it just popped off!

bruneep

Why the need to do this? Mind came set up by TF, fitted to bike and rode it. Not felt the need to fiddle, if it ain’t broke…

Well yours clearly is now.

volatilemike
    Free Member

Well for a start mine didn’t come from TFtuned.

I was putting in the specfic CC tune for my bike (spitfire)

transition1
    Free Member

What usually causes the clicking is a small ball bearing which sits in a cup. That is certainly the case for BOS suspension as I used to service them.
    When the rebound adjuster fell out the ball bearing will have vanished too which is why is doesn’t click!

poah
    Free Member

should have RTFM – tells you not to turn it past a certain point as there is no stopper lol

pedlad

I know you said you adjusted HSR but could this be the issue?

[/url]DB inline adjustment graphic recall

moshimonster
    Free Member

pedlad – nothing to do with that. I was one of the 4 people who noticed the adj directions were marked wrong on the shock. There’s nothing wrong with the actual mechanicals. The OP is talking about the LSR adjuster falling off. It does warn about not having a hard stop in the manual, but I was surprised they didn’t make it more fool proof.

OP – you need to take it for service now as you may have introduced air into the low speed rebound circuit and it sounds like the detent ball has fallen out – hence no clicks.

volatilemike
    Free Member

Looks like it will be an expensive trip to TF next week then. It feels the same to ride for now so I’m riding it this weekend.

Lesson learned.

moshimonster
    Free Member

It feels the same to ride for now

Don’t worry about it then until the next scheduled service. Get it sorted then. It’s very unlikely to cause any actual damage to the shock. Would be worth emailing Cane Creek for their advice, they usually respond straight away info@canecreek.com I think.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Was going to say have it rebuilt under the recall but they are only sending out a shitty sticker!

chiefgrooveguru

Was going to say have it rebuilt under the recall but they are only sending out a shitty sticker!

I suspect if you’ve damaged it due to the recall problem then you have a strong case for them paying to sort it for you!

volatilemike
    Free Member

I contacted cane creek and they said just make sure you tell them what’s happened when it next goes in for a service. other than that, ride it. So I will. 🙂

Rick – what’s this about a recall?

Fat-boy-fat

So … I’ve got a ccdbair cs. Does an in line give the same performance or is it not quite as good (even if it is way lighter)?

moshimonster
    Free Member

The recall was only because the HSR +/- directions were labelled wrong on the shock body, hence the sticker fix. It has f*** all to do with the OP’s issue.

zero-cool
    Free Member

On a slightly different note, is there any reason to buy an Inline if my frame will take a standard CCDBA? Apart from a weight saving of approx 10g according to the CC website?

matther01
    Free Member

Isnt it 200g difference? Also the standard ccdb air doesn’t have the switch for climbing. Guess it boils down to what you’ll be using the bike for

strike
    Free Member

Standard CCDB Air is available with the Climb Switch. I think the guidance from Cane Creek is if your frame has more than 150mm of travel, you’re better off with the piggyback shock.

chris85
    Free Member

I have the ccdb air with the climb switch and tbh it doesn’t seem to make noticeable difference! unless it’s broke! I also nearly unscrewed the dial right out like you…I think there should definitely be a stop on it, bad design in my opinion.

volatilemike
    Free Member

Climb switch does stiffen things up for me, but I leave it fully open now mostly because I always forget and leave it in climb mode. the same with fork lockouts so I almost always leave it open.

As for my inline, I checked that the LSR was still actually working and its all good. The shock feels ok at the moment in more or less the stock banshee tune so going to leave it there for a bit.

RickDraper
    Free Member

The recall was only because the HSR +/- directions were labelled wrong on the shock body, hence the sticker fix. It has f*** all to do with the OP’s issue.

No shit, were you born a **** bellend or did you just grow into one over time?

moshimonster
    Free Member

No shit, were you born a **** bellend or did you just grow into one over time?

Nice attitude! Do you run that in real life or just on your keyboard?

poah
    Free Member

moshimonster – Member

pedlad – nothing to do with that. I was one of the 4 people who noticed the adj directions were marked wrong on the shock

you’ll probably find more than 4 people noticed it was wrong 😉

Superficial
    Free Member

I suspect 4 is pretty close to the mark.

In fact I suspect there are more people with badly set up CCDBAir (who would be better served by a cheaper shock) than those who can actually get the most out of the extra tuning potential.

poah
    Free Member

I noticed so that’s two already.

moshimonster
    Free Member

Well done.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Nice attitude! Do you run that in real life or just on your keyboard?

Nope just will idiot know it all cretins like yourself who run there mouths off first 🙄

moshimonster
    Free Member

Calm down chap, it’s just a f***** bicycle forum.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Cane creek db inline’ is closed to new replies.