Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Cane Creek DB Air Black Shock Body upgrade
  • Goldigger
    Free Member

Saw this on an email from TFTuned last week.
    Anybody got one of these yet?
    Apart from looking cool, because it’s stealth black. It apparently has less stiction.

Wondering if it’s worth the extra £40 my due service..

teethgrinder

It does look cool. Wonder if they do it for the Inline?

Goldigger
    Free Member

Looks like it’s only for the DB air at the moment, it will probably be available for the inline soon. Can’t see them only offering it for one shock, unless there inadvertently admitting the DB air has to much stiction.

philstone

Without getting anyone into trouble, I spoke on the phone to someone who knows about this upgrade and don’t expect miracles from the upgrade, but it does look cool as hell!

Apparently all future CC shocks will have this coating as standard, they are only rolling it out as an upgrade at the moment and standard on the new OEM shock they released a few weeks ago.. https://www.canecreek.com/products/suspension/c-quent

For £40 I’m going to get my CCDBA upgraded when it goes in for a service in a week or so. 8)

Goldigger
    Free Member

Mines due a service, I’ve noticed it’s loosing a little bit of air..nothing major but it’s 2 years old..
    I’ll probably get the black upgrade, always thought the grey finish looked cheap and nasty.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Sent mine off for a service, no 200mm black shock bodies available yet.
    TFTuned have no idea when and if they will get any 🙁

kayak23

Yes, I had mine serviced recently and opted to ‘murder it out’.
    Makes no difference that I am able to detect.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Had mine done a few weeks ago…
    Looks great no difference what’s so ever Suspention wise

Goldigger
    Free Member

Yeah but it’s all about looks isn’t it? 😀

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Would rather they had put efforts in developing a new air can with larger negative chamber like RS debonair, Float X2 and Vorsprung.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

As I said I had the black air shaft done whist it was at TF being serviced, purely because it looked Cool, but you cannot compare the rockshox debonair to the cane creek!!!
    I’ve had the monarch and 2 debonair plus shoxs
    Non have felt even half as good as the cane creek, I was a fox fan for years and had tuned/kashima/boost valve/low friction bushings and it wasn’t near as good!!!

rondo101
    Free Member

Got mine done at the same time as a well needed service. Looks good, no difference in performance as far as I can tell.

tftunedshox
    Free Member

Hi guys ,

Just to confirm we have black body tubes to fit

200 x 50 (7.88 x 2)

200 x 57 (7.88 x 2.25)

216 x 63 (8.5 x 2.5)

other sizes to follow ( no due dates yet )

Tftuned

Goldigger
    Free Member

So can I send mine back just for a black body upgrade?

Bit disappointed that I wasn’t told there wasn’t any 200mm when I spoke to a technician and then preceded to book it in for a service for last Friday.

Edit: I think the technician got confused, as he told me there are no 200mm black bodies, but my shock is 190x50mm (Orange 5 2014)..that’s the size shown on the original invoice for my shock, just checked it.

tftunedshox
    Free Member

Hi Goldigger,

Sorry to disappoint you on this occasion. Your shock is a 190×50 and there are no black bodies available for this size from Cane Creek currently. As soon as we have a stock update we’ll post up in the usual places … See our Instagram/ Twitter etc

Cheers,
    TFTuned

fr0sty125
    Free Member

but you cannot compare the rockshox debonair to the cane creek!!!
    I’ve had the monarch and 2 debonair plus shoxs
    Non have felt even half as good as the cane creek, I was a fox fan for years and had tuned/kashima/boost valve/low friction bushings and it wasn’t near as good!!!

Well as I have owned both I feel I can comment. I’m not saying the CC damping performance isn’t as good. I’m just saying the air spring could be more up to date along the lines lines of what both Rockshox and Fox are currently doing.

philstone

Will these fit an inline as well..?

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Planning to e mail TF tuned tomorrow, cleaned my bike yesterday and noticed the black upgrade CCDB air, shaft is starting to wear think at once area, no scratches or damage and I’m paranoid about cleaning and lubricating so it’s not abuse, just no longer jet black now a lighter grey, anyone else had very very premature wear issues?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Cane Creek DB Air Black Shock Body upgrade’ is closed to new replies.