Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cane Creek DB Air – serviceability, bushings and stuff
  • deadkenny
    Free Member

I’m debating myself over PUSH tuning my current Fox RP23 shock, getting a fancy new Fox shock, or getting a Cane Creek DB Air (maybe inline, but not sure it’s right for or will fit my Nomad Mk2, otherwise a standard type).

I’m thinking of serviceability of the Cane Creek as I generally do my own servicing. My existing tools and spares for the Fox won’t fit a Cane Creek it seems. Looking on TF Tuned it seems I’d need the Norglide (metal?) bushings and they don’t have polymer in the right size (which are supposed to be better than metal ones), plus the Norglide bushing tool, but then what about seal kit? I can’t see anything there. I haven’t looked at how to service them, but is it as easy as a Fox, or is it more complex or even only something you can do if you send it off?

deadkenny
    Free Member

Little nudge. To put it simpler – anyone DIY serviced a DB Air (be it inline or piggyback)?

robj20
    Free Member

A DB Air will be brilliant on your Mk2 Nomad, i have one on mine.
    If you buy from TFTuned it will come ready to fit, servicing its possible on your own but not easy, its more a send it back job.

deadkenny
    Free Member

That’s the main thing really putting me off. I like to be able to do it myself. Sending off means being without it for a while, though TF is a quick turnaround supposedly from the booking date. Plus if it costs £100 a year to service… !

Though saw a post saying it doesn’t need a regular air can service like an RP23 would.

goodgrief
    Free Member
    tomhoward

The longest I’ve been without a fork/shock when its been to TFT is 2 nights. Taken lunchtime Day 1 back by lunchtime Day 3, and I’ve used them a few times. Hardly an eternity. IMO if you use a shock enough to warrant it needing a service every year, £8.30 a month isn’t too bad…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cane Creek DB Air – serviceability, bushings and stuff’ is closed to new replies.