Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cane Creek DB Air now with pro-pedal?
  • stevied
    Free Member
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.bike198.com/cane-creek-pre-release-churn-17-way-shock/
    More excited by this one.

Details are still rolling in, but we do know several key ingredients that make the CHURN so very far ahead of its time. It took Cane Creek’s engineering team 7 years to develop the CHURN – 1 year of product development, 1 year of testing, and another 5 years writing the Owner’s Manual.

On the CHURN, each of the four standard Double Barrel adjusters is itself adjustable, leading to an exponential growth in adjustability. That’s right, adjustable adjust- ability. For those riders who demand a high level of tune- ability, just “turn up” the ad- juster’s adjusters. For riders who like to “set it and forget it”, there is a straightforward tuning process for adjusting out the adjustability. The 17th adjustment is a big red button, “that doesn’t really do anything,” says Jim Morrison, Elder Design Engineer at Cane Creek. “Marketing just said it had to have a button.”

patriotpro
    Free Member

You’d look a bit odd riding your kid’s bike around, cos that’s what you’d be doing if your kid ended up with that on their bike! 😀

LoCo
    Free Member

“We are not encumbered by formal engineering training so ignoring the actual ‘laws’ of physics allows us to shift the paradigms of product development. Every idea we have is so out of the box, we don’t even have boxes anymore. The key to DB-AG is to focus on coming up with kickass names and acronyms for stuff we want and the engineers come up with something for our great names.”

😀

maxtorque

Can’t say i’ve yet missed having a PP/climb switch on my DBair! In fact, probably the opposite, in that i haven’t missed forgetting to turn it off on the next descent! 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Mmmmmmmm, aothough agree with maxtorque, LOCO re-tuned my float and I rarely touch the PP lever now, my logic being that going uphill I pedal smooth ish circles, downhill I mash the pedals in a sprint so I still want something there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cane Creek DB Air now with pro-pedal?’ is closed to new replies.