Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cane creek: DB Air CS, DBair [IL] or In-line for Blur TRc
  • one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Having got very used to the Cane creek sus on my Nomad (and V10) before it I’m considering putting a CC shock on the new TRc, the fox RP23 just doesn’t feel like it tracks or grips any where near as well and seeing as the rebound appears to be knackered I’m thinking that that service money could go towards a nice shiny cane creek.

Since I last bought Double Barrel Air for the Nomad they have added the inline shocks, however I can’t quite work out the difference between the DB Inline and the DBAir[IL]. Is the BDinline the one everyone kept breaking and the IL basically the same thing but with update internals?

The bike is going to be more of a trail/xc bike rather an ‘enduro’ bike as I have the Nomad for that so pedalling efficiencies are probably more important.

I’m leaning towards an Inline of some description but I’m not sure which to go for.

nixie

The [IL] has the updated internals however I think the air can has also been tweaked. The inline is the one that kept breaking. One can be upgraded to the other (I have one that has been upgraded and never ridden if your interested).

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

If it’s 200 x 50mm then I may well be.

nixie

200×57 unfortunately (though they are convertible I’d imagine it would defeat the point).

fr0sty125
    Free Member

My inline broke replaced with an IL the IL has updated internals and larger negative air chamber. My IL also broke.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Hmmm. Maybe I should just stick with a DBAir CS.

I’d rad that they could be reduced from 57-50mm however I bet that’s only as part of a service and thus not cheap.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Get a dvo topaz.

I’m upgrading at Christmas and I’ve researched all the big boys; dB air, air il , they’re both unreliable.

X2 and dpx2 look good but they’re expensive.

Topaz gets ace reviews and is it serviceable. Mine’s going on a 5010.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

I’ve got a CC Double Barrel Air (not inline) and it’s be faultless and I really like how it feels. I haven’t tried any of the DVO stuff so it’s a bit of a risk going for something completely different that I do f know the feel of.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Older cc double barrel air on my 2013 enduro ( not the in-line ) and it’s been fine. Last service it need a shaft inside but that’s it

slickandslide
    Free Member

We put a few IL’s into demo and put them on bikes that are ridden hard. All have proved totally reliable despite been thrashed to within a inch of their lives. All commented on how much better they felt than the stock shocks on the bikes.

I don’t think you can go wrong with either a IL or a DBA CS. Our last few DBA’s have come with standard sized eyelets as well which is a move in the right direction from Cane Creek.

If you want a demo then feel free to drop us a message.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cane creek: DB Air CS, DBair [IL] or In-line for Blur TRc’ is closed to new replies.