• This topic has 13 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by StuE.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • cane creek angleset… is it worth it?
  • daftvader
    Free Member

Evening
    Toying with the idea of getting one to help with the too steep feel of my canyon al 29…. is it worth it?

cheers

singlespeedstu

Do Works Components not do one that’ll fit?
    Much cheaper and some recon better/less creaky,

daftvader
    Free Member

oooo…. didn’t know that, looking now! cheers stu

daftvader
    Free Member

still wonder if its worth it and how do i figure out how many degrees i need?

singlespeedstu

And yes they are worth trying if you think your HA is too steep.
    I’d find out what they do that fits first. You might not get a choice of degrees.

daftvader
    Free Member

yeah it is a little steep. it feels a little ponderous on some downs…

daftvader
    Free Member

yeah it is a little steep. it feels a little ponderous on some downs…

Northwind

It depends on the bike but it can be brilliant- I’ve had one in my Hemlock for years, there’s no chance I’d still be riding it without it but with the 2 degrees off the head angle it’s (imo) just a much better bike. My C456 wasn’t so much better, as different. But I’d be surprised if it works so well for everything.

I’ve always used Works ones- much cheaper, and less moving parts so none of the creaking/squeaking people complain of with Cane Creek. Only downside is that they go through top bearings faster than most headsets, I don’t really know why… But it’s a standard cane creek S3 bearing in the Works (also takes Hope bearings) so cheap to replace.

daftvader
    Free Member

so how can i find out what works angle wise?? (without buying one and hoping)

granny_ring

Have you looked on their site?

Is THIS the one you want?
    The only Canyon one I could see 1 degree.
    The 1 degree one made a big difference on my HL 5 spot.

matther01
    Free Member

Just fitted a Works to my Bandit and glad I didnt spend a fortune on the Cane I was thinking of.

Northwind – do you hammer out the bearing cartridge with the cup installed or do you remove the entire cup… as they’re really tight to get out before installing the cups!

Northwind

Just the bearing itself- there’s 2 wee cutouts on the inside of each cup so it should tap out pretty easily with a narrow drift (or screwdriver) though it’s pretty easy to knock the bearing to bits while you’re at it

jim25

I was after one for my 2011 trek remedy, can’t see one of their site. Have emailed works a few day ago asking if any would fit but have had no joy yet.
    Anyone fitted one to a remedy?

StuE
    Free Member

Northwind – which Works one have you got in your Hemlock? I’ve got a med sized Hemlock and am interested in trying it with the slacker head angle

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘cane creek angleset… is it worth it?’ is closed to new replies.