Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • candb-seen lights for roadies
  • SaxonRider

It’s that time again, and I am wondering if any of you roadies on here have used the candb seen light combo, and how you have found it.

I am in the market, and want to buy something pretty sharp-ish, as the sun is already starting to dim by the time I am ready to go out some evenings.

I picked up a Chinese light and battery off Amazon two years ago, and the batter only lasted two rides, so don’t want to go down that route again, but also don’t have enough money to spend on any of the more mainstream branded lights.

I would like something that allows me to see the road well enough to avoid potholes at night, even when I am riding at decent speed, as well as to be seen by motorists (obviously).

Suggestions?

EDIT: Oh, and it should be able to last the full duration of a ride without me having to get nervous in the last 30 minutes.

LeeW

What’s a full duration of ride?

I use a Maxx D if I remember to charge it. Or a Lezyne 600 XL which has been great for me – a lot smaller than the Maxx D too. Both are good for 2-3 hours of good enough light (for me) riding localish potholed and country lanes.

SaxonRider

I guess I would ride a maximum of about 3 hours at night, a great deal of which would be on unlit country lanes.

IHN

I used to use one (similar to the 1000lumen MTB one they currently have) for an hourish each way commute on unlit lanes. On ‘medium’ setting it was fine, had to tip it quite a way down to avoid glaring drivers, but not massive problem (just makes the road in front brighter which is probably a good thing)

jamiep
    Free Member
    nbt

I’ve got the City Slicker – it’s fab. Lasts ages (like 6 hours or so) on the “pulse” setting which is medium brightness with regular brighter pulses.

The new bracket is a bit flimsy though – it was apparently changed by their supplier without letting C&Bseen know. It’s ok on smooth tarmac, but not suitable for off road use. I was using it for a rough lanes / canal commute when the bracket disintegrated. Roger as C&Bseen was great in sorting it out, but as a result has updated the site to say it’s NOT suitable for MTBing any more

molgrips
    Free Member

I have a Lezyne and a Light and Motion. The latter throws much more light where you need it for road.

I’d suggest going into a shop and seeing which self contained unit you can afford and has a good spot.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘candb-seen lights for roadies’ is closed to new replies.