Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • CandB-seen
  • ajt123
    Free Member

Hey,

I got delivery of my 1200 CandB-seen light yesterday, took it out for a spin tonight.

Just wanted to say, really happy with the product and prompt delivery.

Good job!

Alex

jasonm945
    Free Member

Had mine over a year, they are good lights but watch the sealing.

Jay

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Mines been good. Fitted the diffused lens recently which makes it a bit floodier when on the bars. I found the band things too loose on my bars though meaning the light moved too much on rougher ground. Solved it by taping a piece of inner tube round the bars.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    grim168
    Free Member

I’ve also fitted the diffuser lens for road riding and its much better. Got a hope light bracket from crc and did away with the rubber band affair.

wiggles
    Free Member

Had mine about a month been used pretty much every day. Very happy with it and they post stuff really fast to.

Might get one of those brackets though as not a fan of the elastic mounts

neil_1979
    Free Member

Been using mine since this time last year. Still going fine and planning on getting another now to mount on my helmet. Grim-have you got a link to the bracket that fits this? The elastic is ok but do find I’m having to move the light back round the bars periodically when on the MTB

trailhound
    Free Member

Had mine about a year and has been great so far but recently, after a full charge the power button will only illuminate blue rather than the fully charged green it used to. I managed to get it to go green once but it changed to blue within about a couple of minutes. I wondered if it was fully charged and took it out but it only lasted just over a hour on full. Might contact them tomorrow and see what they say.

wiggles
    Free Member

is the hope mount easy to take off completely?

Don’t like leaving it on the bars when I’m in work…

cooie

is the hope mount easy to take off completely?

Yep, it’s a quick release type.

wiggles
    Free Member

cool, wasn’t sure if it just loosened and was a faff to get it off the bars. Sounds ideal then, already on my second set of orings

johnhe

Just received mine but haven’t lit it up yet. Extremely prompt service. Also incredibly cheap. They actually paypal’ed me back some money, and I thought the original price was fantastic.

elliott-20
    Free Member

I retro-fitted mine to a hope clamp last year. You just need to find an appropriately threaded bolt and thread lock. (A kitchen cupboard joining bolt did the trick for me).

thegnarlycenturion
    Free Member

I got one two weeks ago – excellent price, quality, light and service! I even got the address wrong and all it took was a quick email and friendly reply. Couldnt recommend more! 😀

(plus they come in several pretty colours.. )

thegnarlycenturion
    Free Member

oh as a head mounted light, it works just fine!

richmtb

I’ve had mine a year too

Good light. I think they are better made than the current light-d’jour the Solarstorm X2.

headpotdog
    Free Member

I got two last Christmas and they’ve been great. Excellent value for money.

I also put a diffuser lense on the bar mounted light together with a Hope universal mount which has worked a treat.

If I was going to be critical I’d say that the battery cases aren’t great (velcro’s nearly come off one of mine) and the helmet mounted light moves around quite a bit on the rougher routes.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Had mine a year and its great.
    I always assumed that blue was full charge. After its come off charge it shows blue for a bit, then goes green after a bit of use and eventually orange which I assume means it is running low.
    I sue Cateye bar mounts and the bit of the back of Cateye lights in place of the original curved band mount.

johnhe

Took mine out for it’s maiden ride last night, and I’m sorry to say that I’m really disappointed. I already own two torches around 200 lumens each (a Fenix L2D and a Lezyne). Both were brigher than the 1600 lumen C&B Seen!!! How can that be?

I admit that running both the C&B and the Lezyne on the bars made for a great system, but I have to say that I expected the Seen to totally outshine both the other lights.

There was a nice wide spread of light from th C&B which suited lighting up the area just in front of the front wheel, but the reach was definitely shorter than either of the other lights.

johnhe

What’s all this about diffuser lenses? Where do you get different lenses and are they easy to fit?

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

They sell them on the site for a few quid and are easy to fit.

johnhe

Mmm. I have the 1600 lumen torch, not the light+battery, so it looks like a different diffuser is not an option for me.

thegnarlycenturion
    Free Member

that sounds very odd, in comparison to my 300L Moon (which i’ve always found very bright compared to other 300l lights) it was massively better! I’d drop an email and have an ask, it dosnt sound right at all!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘CandB-seen’ is closed to new replies.