• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Cancer / Sponsorship begging for the Institute of Cancer Research
  • mogrim

I mentioned it on another thread, but to recap my mother has cancer – which as the late, great Terry Pratchett would say is a bit of an enbuggerance. It’s pancreatic cancer, which is one of the particularly nasty ones, and although treatment is still ongoing I’ll be frank and say the outlook is not especially positive right now.

As we all know, cancer treatment and investigation is an expensive business, and to help raise money for this my sister is running the London Marathon to raise money for the Institute of Cancer Research. To try and head off the usual STW argument here, I’d like to make a couple of observations:

1) She’s already covered her minimum sponsorship. Give or not give, she’s going. You’re not paying for her to go on a jolly.

2) It’s not “sponsor me to go sky diving in Patagonia”, it’s the London Marathon. We’re Londoners, this is not an exotic location. It’s also a marathon, which is over 26 miles of running and requires time, dedication and a certain amount of self-sacrifice to get the necessary training in.

3) You could just give money to ICR or whatever charity you choose, but like it or not event sponsorship is an important part of charity funding, and the money collected is put to good use.

So if you want to help out I’d much appreciate it. https://www.justgiving.com/Rebecca-Fabrizi

Cheers,
    Jim.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Cancer / Sponsorship begging for the Institute of Cancer Research’ is closed to new replies.