• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by TomB.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cancelling a ferry booking
  • nickjb
    Free Member

We are planning a road trip and using two different channel crossings. Found crossings that work for us so booked the first one with Brittany Ferries but when we went to book the second there was an issue. Not a problem. We can tweak pur plans but it means changing the first crossing. Now we hit a stumbling block as BF want a fee to change it. As we only booked yesterday is there a work around? We paid by credit card and booked online. Can this be cancelled under distance selling or cooling off periods then we can re-book? Their standard t&cs have a substantial cancellation charge. I appreciate this is a bit weaslely as its not their issue but they’ll still get the money, just not the fees.

jekkyl

in cases like this I’ve always had in the past just phone them and be really nice ‘I’m really sorry but I made a mistake when booking’ and because of the short time from booking they would likely just let it go.

orangespyderman

I appreciate this is a bit weaslely

Yup

jeffl

Phone them. You want to move the booking rather than cancel it.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

I’d agree. Speak to a person.
    I’ve changed dozens of ferry crossings. Usually at fairly short notice and never been charged (unless the cost of the new ferry is different). Only becomes an issue if either ferry is full. Or they’ve turned people away.

scuttler

“I’d agree. Speak to a person.”

I’ll bet that’s your next challenge. Blame that O’Leary bloke for introducing rock bottom but massive inflexible surcharge equipped pricing structures.

TomB

Recently were considering cancelling a brittany ferries booking this summer, rang them and they said as long as more than 5 days before sailing, a voucher for the same amount would be issued, valid 2 years. Very helpful on the phone. Ring them, but they might advise you to alter the booking online to avoid fees. This is easy to do, worth trying first?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cancelling a ferry booking’ is closed to new replies.