Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 103 total)
  • Cancelled SINGLETRACK sub today, due to income minimalisation policy
  • project
    Free Member

off the current governmnet.

Anyone else doing the same,by cancelling non essential expediture.

allthepies
    Free Member

I am cancelling spelling and grammar checks on STW posts as per your example.

GrahamS

I switched to the digital only sub.

Partly due to costs and partly because piles of unread PDFs are far less annoying to the wife 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

That reminds me – must switch to the digital sub too…

ton

i have the last copies sat unread under the coffee table.
    anyone want em?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I think it’s £15 for a basic online digital subs, I spent more than that on a curry at the weekend, why not go for that basic online option.

jon1973
    Free Member

c£35 a year for the mag and on-line subscription. Less than 70p a week. I can save more on toilet roll by only shitting at work. There is other stuff I’ll be cutting down on first.

totalshell

other stuff to cut down on.. dont switch the light on when you go to the loo.. sit on it and you cant miss.. dont flush it , double up at least and half your water bill

expiscator
    Free Member

Why dont we sit in the dark and wear 5 jumpers and only use the laptop at the pub while we are at it? stop heating any food and just hang a bag out a shady window as a refridgerator.

I do honestly use a ridiculous amount of power I dont need to. C- Must do better.

Then again I could just quit smoking…..nah

Hohum
    Free Member

Austerity is the new buzz word in the Ho hum house!

Been cutting back on lots for a while now.

jon1973
    Free Member

saving a tank of diesel a month by cycling to work (c£70/month)
    packed lunch at work rather than using the canteen (c£40/month)
    not drinking at home (c£40/month)

…no great loss in terms of sacrifice.

so that’s an extra £150 / month to spend on bits for the bike.

Junkyard
    Free Member

happy to help subsidise your use of the forum ….we are all in this together

yunki
    Free Member

On a related note..

I notice that according to the poll stats on the home page it seems that depressingly (in my opinion) product tests are the most popular articles in the mag..

I find that a little saddening..

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

due to income minimalisation policy off the current governmnet.

The government pays your wages project ?

I never had you down as a public sector worker.

Brownbacks
    Free Member

we have a solution!

Singletrack have kindly donated 18ish subs in a bottle, these will be part of the rider (for the keen)/ marshal (for the karma seekers) prize pots for our last two events, the next one this Sunday!

http://www.brownbacksracing.co.uk

Oxboy
    Free Member

£4.50 for a mag nowadays, thats the price of a pint and a half of cider!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Minimalist cutting back in the Bouy household, we’re still paying for stuff that gets chucked away unsed. I’ve cycling mags unread, sailing mags unread, I threw a huge tray of tomatoes in the bin because thay’d gawn awf, so too a cucumber.. This kinda thing often happens in our little bit of the coast.
    Although I have found that heating the water tank by electricity is far far cheeper than using the gas central heating thingy, so thats a bonus.
    Other than that it seems like we’re still proping up our local food and wine producers, but thats ok, it’s local yeah.

totalshell

serious tips to save some cash at no cost!! if you have a hot water cylinder turn the temperature down on the side of the tank ( no less than 58 though) and reduse how long the hot water is on for by ten minutes each cycle over a year thats a lot of gas.. if your curtains overhang the radiators cut them short unless you like heating the window not the room. if your sofa is pushed up to a radiator pulling it just 6 inches forward will double the heat coming off it.

santacoops
    Free Member

Not around here its not!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

“double up at least and half your water bill”

Ha ha and can do as many as I like because I’m not on a water meter.

donsimon
    Free Member

And that’s the precise reason I don’t drink cider, overpriced pish! 😉

duckman

I never had you down as a public sector worker.

What has he ever posted that might have made anybody jump to that conclusion? 😀

Harry_the_Spider

Austerity measures in Casa del Spider

Only 1 bottle of wine per week.
    Cycle to work 2 days a week.
    Look for food that is on offer and bulk / multi-buy.
    Buy “ugly” fruit and veg. Who cares if a green pepper isn’t symmetrical about its north-south axis?
    Stopped going on long haul days out.
    Cut back the SKY TV package.
    Ploughing everything we can into paying the mortgage whilst interest rates are low.

And the biggy… spent £160 on a smart thermostat / boiler controller and got a £600 gas rebate compared to the year before!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ohhh theres a thermostat on my hot water tank?? Ohhh, well I never knew that.. I’m going off to find that, that damn waters always been far too hot.
    Thanks for that.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I ol uig vy eod etr n l m wr’

AlexSimon

I found everything a false economy.
    Cut down on everything drastically and then alcohol consumption rose to compensate.

hora
    Free Member

off the current governmnet.

Who are trying to sort out the massive debt created by the last Government?

Maybe you need to start looking upwards when you walk instead of at the pavement fella.

sobriety
    Free Member

if your curtains overhang the radiators cut them short unless you like heating the window not the room

Or tuck them behind the radiator.

hora
    Free Member

…and fit a metallic heat reflector behind them.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Downsizing house, upsizing bike collection. Happy.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You tell ’em hora.

Even Osborne is forgetting his lines.

Last night I heard him blame the steep rise in unemployment announced yesterday on ‘the global situation’.

hora
    Free Member

TBH I don’t think Cameron is the man for the job/what is needed in strong leadership.

Same goes for Smeg and that weird looking schoolboy from the other party.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Maybe you need to start looking upwards when you walk instead of at the pavement fella.
    I know nothing actually happened to cause the last govt to spend or have a shortfall did they – the whole economic meltdown was their fault….you need to follow your own advice and look up

hora
    Free Member

You do realise Labour was in power from as early as 1997 don’t you? OR do you think the Tories are making spending cuts/austerity measures because of something that just happened out of the blue?

Or go on. Its Thatchers fault that you and me aren’t Doctors?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You do realise Labour was in power from as early as 1997 don’t you?

What I didn’t realise was that they were also in power in Greece, Iceland, Spain, Ireland, and the US.

Mark

I saw the thread title and thought, ‘oh no!’.. then read it and thought, ‘can we use that in an ad campaign?’ 🙂

Every time we add another mag to the archive the cost per mag for a digital sub gets cheaper.. negative inflation!

Just doing our bit for the economy 🙂

pedalhead
    Free Member

good choice of quote for the Twitter update Mark 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Takes glasses off face and slowly rubs eyes.

What? So our own national debt thats been growing for years is from Greece?

Jesus wept.

Trekster

Last night I heard him blame the steep rise on unemployment announced yesterday on the ‘global situation’.

True-ish if you are an exporter and your customers on the continent are not buying for the same reasons as us. We are not the only country in the mire. I need loads of people to buy PV panels to keep me in work but mainland Europe have reduced or stopped lots of subsidies, the Spanish house building and power generation projects have stalled. So there is truth in what he says but you will only know that if you are affected.

atm the haves can afford stuff and the have nots still cannot anyway. Those of us in the middle are contributing to this thread 💡
    Locally, like everywhere else probably lots of council workers have lost their jobs, maybe they were non-jobs only time will tell. A good number of these jobs were low paid the same as a lot of the shos that were selling “cheap” goods that are disappearing from our high streets.
    Rumour has it our local award winning Honda dealer has not sold a new car for 3mths!!! In a small town like mine the usual flood of new reg cars is noticeable by it`s absence.

As for my austerity measures my only pleasures are my bikes and grand kids, just risen to 4. I rarely drink out, have never smoked, have cut down on magazines certainly and the number of trips to ride away from home have decreased dramatically as has eating out. I am only using 1 bike instead of 2 😥

SkillWill
    Free Member

And the biggy… spent £160 on a smart thermostat / boiler controller and got a £600 gas rebate compared to the year before!

What’s one of those then? Any links?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘Cancelled SINGLETRACK sub today, due to income minimalisation policy’ is closed to new replies.