Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Canary Isles current weather. Anyone been lately?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

It would appear that the weather of late has been shite! There’s two kids here who are expecting a lot of pool action with dad this time next week. It ain’t happening unless it’s sunny, well that’s what I’ve said 🙄

BillMC

I was in Las Palmas a couple of weeks ago, it was high 60s and occasionally a blast of warmer temperatures. You could wear shorts but I didn’t fancy going in the sea. My pal who’s a marine scientist there reckoned it’s their worst winter in recorded history. It was cheap and I got very interested in the pre-Columbian history of the islands. Good trip.

RustySpanner

Raining cats and dogs.

Sorry.

hjghg5
    Free Member

My parents live out there and yes it’s been a crap winter. Certainly the worst in the 12 years they’ve been out there. I’m not sure if it’s started to improve yet though. It will, I’m sure, I just don’t know when.

gwaelod
    Free Member

Canary Islands has sat under a weak low pressure system anchored over Iberia/Straits of Gib for the last wee while – thats been responsible for lots of shite weather recently. the 1st chart at

http://www.metman66.com/chart_gfs16day.htm

shows the current situation – then the charts step forward in 12 hr time steps as you scroll down the page

You’ll see that gradually (by about 23rd/24th March) the area of high pressure centred over the Azores begins to extend over the Canaries..eventually exetending right across it by 29th/20th. As that High pressure builds then the Canaries weather will gradually improve – eventually becoming (by 27th/28th) more like the sort of weather you’d stereotypically expect – ie very warm, dry with a light breeze off the North African mainland. By then the shite weather will be in Tunisa and Sicily – not the Canary Islands

Take suncream and shorts…and enjoy

wrightyson
    Free Member

^^^^nice one weather man^^^^

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Canary Isles current weather. Anyone been lately?’ is closed to new replies.