Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Canary islands – 4 day break – worth it?
  • dawson

I have a few days holiday to use before the end of the year.

‘Er indoors wants a short winter break – any suggestions?

TBH I’m not fussed about going!

binners

Not fussed about going?

We’re off to Fuertoventura on Tuesday. Our mates are flying out to join us for a long weekend.

We’ll be picking up our hire bikes and heading into the hills to ride dry dusty trails under clear blue skies, in warm sunshine, with spectacular views down to the sea.

Then lying around sunning ourselves, drinking too much and eating bloody lovely food

What’s not to like? 🙂

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

yep any time away in the sun is nice , weve done lanzarote before now for 5 nights at this time of year,
    just nice to have some sun and a change of scenery

Haze

Sounds awful OP, hope you get through it!

wait4me

I’d say yes. Off there in Jan early flight out on Friday, late return Monday £80rtn. 3 days bike rental €60. Beer €1.50-2.00. I didn’t have to think too hard about it!

Edukator
    Free Member

You need to check the weather Binners; cloudy, stormy and 40kmh wind on Tuesday.

We did have some nice sunny days but the wind (there’s a reason for the name) made riding unpleasant. I’d rather ride Swinley in drizzle.

kelron
    Free Member

Looks horrible.

Kryton57

I wouldn’t want to ride a rigid bike there. Oh wait…

binners

Seriously…. It’s been an awful day

If you’re thinking of coming out here …. DO IT!

And when you get here, rent a fat bike and head down the coast. It’s bloody brilliant fun!! Our mates landed this afternoon, for the weekend. He picks up his fatty in the morning, then we’re heading out for the day, riding dry dusty trails under clear blue skies. Just sat out on the balcony in the sun with a beer, before heading out for dinner,

Why the hell would you want to be out here, doing all that shizzle in November? Mystifying!

[smug]How’s the weather back home?[smug]

😀

slightreturn
    Free Member

Lanzarote.
    Got a spot there. It’s fab. Plenty to do and see or just relax. Peurto del carmen to stay in.
    Playa chica beach is great wIth the harbour to jump into the sea. Plus a great restraunt for lunch
    Old town has great tapas locals bar at the top

Car hire is dirt cheap. Take a trip to el golfo for seafood in the volcanic area of the island. Also. Cafe el mirador at The village of Femes is fantastic rustic scran. The view to playa Blanca is unreal, not to mention the best beer of Estrella

Plus a lot of guided bike rides if ya fancy.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Canary islands – 4 day break – worth it?’ is closed to new replies.