Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Canary island hols?
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Thinking of going around April time. Have you been? Any advice?

billyblackheart
    Free Member

Relax, unwind, enjoy yourself, take lots of photos.

jota180
    Free Member

Any advice?

Don’t go at Easter, it’s too busy and too expensive

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Drac

Luckily Easter is in April.

We went to Fuerventura last year for a week in August, it was very nice. Was a package holiday so we lay by the pool relaxing and the kids played in the pool. Was perfect spending week with the kids in the sun was well worth the cash.

jota180
    Free Member

Go mid/late April after Easter

Taxis are very cheap on the whole so use one from the airport rather than a coach if your accommodation is not too far away.
    We have a place in Lanzarote that we get away to quite often, we don’t really do much there apart from enjoy the Winter sunshine and chill a bit, there isn’t a lot else really.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Been lots in March, and possibly every other month of the year but never April.
    Depends where you go, and what you want from a holiday, its a nice place to go for some sunshine and kicking back.
    any islands in mind?

johndoh
    Free Member

Relax, unwind, enjoy yourself, take lots of photos.

😆

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Try La Gomera.

tonyd

I used to work summers in Gran Canaria and would not recommend a visit there if you’re over the age of 18 🙂

Lanzarote is nice, as are parts of Tenerife. I always fancied visiting La Palma.

Potdog
    Free Member

Plenty of biking in Tenerife if that’s what you’re after 😉

hjghg5
    Free Member

A bit harsh on gran canaria, parts of the island are lovely and the cycling is amazing. Depends where you stay really.

seba560
    Free Member

There’s good cycling all over as you don’t have arsey access restrictions. 🙂

sunnrider
    Free Member

Biking in Tenerife is excellent and I´ve seen some vids of La Palma that make it very tempting too.

On Tenerife I´d recommend renting a car, the island is big enough that you´ll miss a lot otherwise.

Lavatrax.com is a great guiding option, especially if you´re in the south.

sunnrider
    Free Member

A nice view of La Palma: [video]http://vimeo.com/39663392[/video]

enduroforever
    Free Member

Take plenty of sun cream and beware of the Africans , the ones who look like they are off the lilt adverts they try and burn horse hair around your wrist then charge you 30 euro for it.

stumpy01

Went to Rubicon Palace in Lanzarote a few yrs ago in April and had a great time.

Also been to Tenerife in June (Los Cristianos) and also had a great time.

Canary Islands = thumbs up from me…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Canary island hols?’ is closed to new replies.