Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Canadian forest
  • MikeT-23
    Free Member

yeah, I wanna live there.

Ray! Teach me how.
    Oh, and find me a Canuck wife too.

Got beer, got couch. See you in an hour.

CountZero

Loved that prog. Ray makes it all look so easy. I would love to be able to live in countryside like that. Outstandingly, breathtakingly lovely.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It was stunning wasn't it. Quite hard to comprehend the scale of the Canadian Forest. I particularly loved those raggedy old trees that looked like saplings but were actually over a hundred years old…that grain!!!

I wonder how (Teddy) Bear would have tackled it? Crashing around, cutting them all down to create a clearing big enough for the chopper that would be picking him up to land!

mtbfix

I wondered whether that lad who was on TV last month trying to live alone in the wilderness watched and wondered how it was he made such a hash of it all.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Lots of calories there… or at least Ray appears to have found them 🙂

He does a great job of making it look easy doesnt he

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

mtbfix, there was the slight problem that he wasn't allowed to kill and eat half the animals there! If he was in a real survival situation, with guns in hand, he'd have been tucking in to elk casserole all day long! 😉

crazy-legs

Great programme, beautiful photography.
    Ray is such a good presenter as well, none of the melodrama of Bear Grylls.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

I have been watching the new around the world in 80 days & it demonstrates that like Ray, Michael Palin adds much more by not forcing his personality on it … Bear Grylls does & the Beeb Celebs are doing so

SaxonRider

mtbfix, there was the slight problem that he wasn't allowed to kill and eat half the animals there! If he was in a real survival situation, with guns in hand, he'd have been tucking in to elk casserole all day long!

Missed the programme, but as any Canadian knows, you don't need a gun to take down an elk. Any combination of springy, fresh twigs, a hatchet, and some twine will do.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Canadian forest’ is closed to new replies.