Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Canada RV Rentals
  • twicewithchips
    Free Member

After watiching too many episodes of Due South, we are off to see the Mounties!

Please could I have your advice and recommendations for RV rentals in Canada – family of four travelling, most likely a round trip from Vancouver since one-way hire seems to bump the prices I have seen up by quite a lot.

Likey route is Vancouver, Whistler, Rockies, and return via the south (Hwy3), but open to suggestions.

Main issue at this stage is the price of RVs – I could buy one for that money!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Do the sums on a hire car and motels?

twicewithchips
    Free Member

Yeah, half way through doing them! Should have said that National Park campgrounds feature heavily in the itinererary.

Atomizer

I went with Canadream last time – Calgary up to Jasper out to Wells Gray then Revelstoke back to Calgary. Family of four but went with slightly too large model really. Scary driving through roadworks in Calgary!
    Only issue with Canadream was the length of time waiting to go through the paperwork at the start, other that that efficient. Lots of competition in the RV market.

Canoeing in Wels Gray Park – Clearwater Lake during a thunderstorm was exciting – Wells Gray area is beautifully isolated.

sweaman2
    Free Member

This has been done before so a quick search may help…

As per Mikewsmith I’m not a fan of RV rentals in Canada. They are expensive (rental and fuel), slow, difficult to park and there isn’t actually that many places to camp without booking in the middle of summer which to my eyes defeats the objective.

twicewithchips
    Free Member

Oh, has it – I got airlines and emigration when I looked. Have I missed the obvious?

Hire car/airbnb/motels/actual camping haven’t been ruled out (certainly CAD200 a night for the RV would go a long way). Is that about on par with others’ experience?

Atomizer I’ll check those out, thanks.

twicewithchips
    Free Member

Fair play – they didn’t appear in my search but look useful. Thanks

BearBack
    Free Member

For budget campers
    mobile graffiti vans
    You could also look at Craigslist for rental retro caravans or tent trailers.
    Canadian tire for all your camping needs too.
    RVs are frighteningly expensive, but those things are iro $100k new so no great surprise.

sam_underhill

We just used cruise Canada. The vans didn’t seem as nice looking as the Canadream ones. However, it all worked and we had a really great trip. They tried it all on when we handed the van back to charge us for this that and the other, but being polite and firm soon saw off their ideas!

fubar
    Free Member

I think these were the people we used many years ago – http://www.travelandrvcanada.com/

We were able to get out to them via public transport from Vancouver city.

They took it very well when I returned their brand new motorhome with a demolished rear bumper (but I had taken their extra insurance)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Canada RV Rentals’ is closed to new replies.