Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Canada
  • bobbyatwork
    Free Member

How easy is it to get in? Considering a possible country change?..I could be pretty exotic they’re

Cougar

You’re buggered, I think one of the entry requirements is complete sentences.

druidh
    Free Member

Are you easily distract….

.. oh look, shiny shiny!!!

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Yep soz iPad spelly thing

john_drummer
    Free Member

depends on your line of work, I believe there are quotas for various jobs. If they’re already over that quota for the active period, then I think it’ll be a lot harder.

Not sure if having relatives already there helps or not. If it does I’m going to have a word with my sister, who lives in Calgary. a year in Calgary & then I’d be off to Vancouver, given the choice.

matt_outandabout

eh?

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

I’ve got aunts/uncles who have nationality would that help?

Cougar

Depends. Is their nationality Canadian?

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

No they’ve got dual nationality I think…they lived they’re for 10 years or so

SaxonRider

I wouldn’t bother. Nasty place. And quite cramped, too.

deserter
    Free Member

easiest way is to get a job{thats looking for foreign workers as they will have all the crap sorted already}, when I came over you had to stay with your employer for 2 years so it meant basically you waited just over 2 years to get landed status which then enables you to move about, before that your a slave to your job as if you lose it you leave Canada, they have relaxed it to 1 year now I believe but that is putting employers off as its not a good deal for them{according to my employer}

the other way is through the embassy by getting landed status before you come over, when we applied it was 48 months waiting so we did the former route

Trekster
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hows your french?

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Rusty but could get better

sweaman2
    Free Member

It is tough. Deserter has it. You either need to persuade a company to sponsor you and then you are tied to the company for a while or apply for residency. Either way think years before you have residency.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Other option is to find a friendly Canadian.

deserter
    Free Member

by the way where in Canada………its huge

martymac

pffft, im not sure huge quite covers it.
    ontario is almost 4.5 times the area of the uk, and has a population of about 13 million.
    it is absolutely freakin huge, and deserted once you leave the cities.
    ive been for a holiday, im going back for another holiday and i will probably go for good if i can find a decent job.
    it just feels much safer to walk about than the uk tbh.

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

i lived their years ago when i was travelling….but i was mainly doing black jobs…great place from what i remember.just a thought

ChrisHeath

All you need to know:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

Not as easy at it was a couple of years back.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Canada’ is closed to new replies.