Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Can you wash a back pack in the washing machine ? mine stinks..
  • tobyho
    Free Member

I have got one of these –

It stinks, really really badly. How can I clean it ? The bladder thing is fine it's the rucksack that smells.

Can I put it in the washing machine ?

Does anyone else have a smelly sack and if so how do you clean it ?

theflatboy
    Free Member

yes.

lunge

It'll be fine, put it in a pillow case if you're worried about the straps and clips, it will also stop it being bashed around quite so much.

Jamie
    Free Member

I have washed my Dakine Nomad loads of time. As above stick it in a pillow case and tie a knot in the top to keep all straps and flappy bits safe. Low temp as well for the washing machine.

stumpy01

I just stick mine under the shower and give it a scrub.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

It's grim up north.

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

Yep as above just put it in try tying the straps together to avoid them flailing about and the clips cracking.

iainc

yes, keep zips shut, 40 deg wash, minimal powder, no conditioner. My camelbak goes in every month or so.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I've got exactly the same but the Hammerhead, yes I stick it in the machine regularly

molgrips
    Free Member

Of course – it's just nylon. Don't wash it hot or anything.

If you have smelly things, Assos washing liquid is brilliant. It's expensive but you only need a tiny bit.

cookeaa

I Strap mine to the washing line, hose it down splurge some washing liquid on, give the back pads/straps a scrub then hose it down again and leave to dry, but I reckon the washing machine would probably be easier and no worse for it…

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Handwash mode, use soap flakes and read the label e.g. 30C no more and don't tumble dry.

Ask the dry cleaner but the price is probably close to the rrp of new bag.
    Mine is falling to bits inside, but its been washed a few times over 3 yrs.

Stick a bounce' sheet in it?

hels
    Free Member

Of course you can, its not a kitten or a four year old child. I wash my shoes in the machine too.

crazy-legs

Both my Camelbaks go in the washing machine every month or so, it's never done them any harm.
    Just be sure to check EVERY pocket including all the hidden nooks and crannies for bits and pieces that have drifted down there. I left my GPS unit in there once although amazingly it still worked afterwards. It's a lot worse if there happens to be a stray banana left in there as a mate found out once…

molgrips
    Free Member

Shoe washing in machines is not meant to be good for them – adhesives and such like don't like it.

BigJohn

Don't leave any loose change or £5 notes in the pockets though.

There are very strict rules about money laundering.

Take the bladder out though.

Flash
    Free Member

I think you'll find that anything you can fit through the door can be washed, but not always successfully.

elaineanne
    Free Member

i had to put my mountain bike shoes in the washing machine as i have just been to whinlatter forest…it was like being in Dalby forest (full of big muddy puddles. we came back very muddy !..one of my shoes got really wet so i put them both in a pillowcase and shoved them in the washer…. trouble is one shoe is now bone dry and the other still soaking ? duno what happend there-they went in the machine together,.. even the laces hadnt dried over 2 days…lol (hairdryer remedy now…lol 😉

enfht
    Free Member

Of course you can, its not a kitten or a four year old child

Whereas adult cats and children over 5 come out sparkling!

Onzadog
    Free Member

My MULE goes in both the washing machine and the tumble dryer. Never done it any harm.

jwt
    Free Member

I've still got an Ultimate Hydration pack from '98, turn it inside out and tuck the straps inside,all I've ever done.

crazy-legs

Don't leave any loose change or £5 notes in the pockets though.
    There are very strict rules about money laundering.

Groan. 🙄

IdleJon

Onzadog – Member
    My MULE goes in both the washing machine and the tumble dryer. Never done it any harm.

Don't do that you ass, only donkeys put horse hybrids in the wash! 🙂

MartinGT
    Free Member

Thought about reading the washing instructions on the label?

Driller
    Free Member

Camelbak, 5-10 Impacts, pressure suit, elbow and knee pads, all come out of the washing machine like new.

The dishwasher does a pretty good job on the rear cassette too.

jond
    Free Member

Lob it in the bath with washing up liquid ? – seems to work for me…

andy1
    Free Member

Just get your mrs to wash it mine is great at getting my sack clean 😆

konabunny
    Free Member

i washed my crumpler the other week for the first time in 3 years – made it look like new, it was great!

woffle
    Free Member

stick in the washing machine. My Ergon can really stink after a week of commuting – it's actually designed that the straps and pads are wholly removable so they get stuck in a pillow case and slung in the machine with some bio washing powder. The bag itself gets done less regularly…

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Can you wash a back pack in the washing machine ? mine stinks..’ is closed to new replies.