Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Can you use a KMC power link on a 1/8 Izumi track chain
  • fozworth
    Free Member

I’ve just finished a new SS build and have fitted a Izumi v tough 1/8 chain but don’t like the screw type master link and wondered if I could swap it for one of my spare KMC power links ?

scaredypants

try it – links may be too wide for the pins to fit right through

deejayen
    Free Member

I wouldn’t have thought it would work.

By the way, I used the Izumi chains for years, and thought the screw was great – it’s easy to use, and I never experienced problems with it becoming loose. I never had a problem with the chain breaking either. I used to carry an extra section of chain with another screw link so that I could lengthen the chain if I needed to fit a larger sprocket during a ride.

I tend to carry masterlnk piers when using other types, as I find they sometimes stick.

fozworth
    Free Member

Cheers guys ,maybe I will see if it’s ok then just to go with the screw.I did use a bit of blue locktight on the threaded back plate .I also found that if I tightened the screw up tomuch the link would become tight ,so I backed it off a little and applied a bit of locktight as per mentioned.Does that sound ok.?
    Ref the power link pliers ,I’ve got some as I found it near impossible to split or lock the chain link without them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Can you use a KMC power link on a 1/8 Izumi track chain’ is closed to new replies.