Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Can you take a bike on a bus?
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Want to ride home form work but only option atm is to get the bus in – would i be allowed a bike on a bus (country bumpkin bus with 10 people on max)

project
    Free Member

Probably not as there is no way of secureing the bike,and no space for you to leave it.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

there is tons of space – full sized bus and <10 passengers

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Ask the driver?

project
    Free Member

A bus or psv,is licenced to cary passengers, and designed as such,it is not insured to carry unsecured bikes,in case of an accident,you may well be deemed equally liable to costs of anyone else hurt,why not ride back as well just get some lights.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Move to hebden bridge. Buses there have bike racks!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

i am riding home thats why i need to get the bus in

project
    Free Member

Rid eto work and home then, its that simple………………

colnagokid

one of the local bus services round our way takes bikes, even has a big bike on the side of it

racing_ralph
    Free Member

1: CBA
    2: no shower facilities
    3: setting off at 6ish is a no go
    4: Being on my feet for the full working day is also a shitter if i have biked for an hour or more before i start

hilldodger
    Free Member

bike bag and take as luggage ?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

good plan batman

project – Member
    Rid eto work and home then, its that simple………………

Well done; I'm sure your contribution was really appreciated.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Brompton

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

I've taken one on a 'normal' bus from Sheff station to Hope before. It was a replacement service for cancelled trains. On the way out it was a standard shortish regular bus. Sat with it in the buggy zone, driver was fine. On the way back, *covered* in mud and asstd. farmyard filth, there was a coach. The driver wasn't too enthusiastic but after some negotiation I got on (bike in luggage space and I was made to take off my outer layer and put it in there too).

There were some v.amused Japanese and Italian tourists just come from Manc Airport photographing my partial strip. There must also have been some confused relatives when the slideshows started with a muddy Brit in a car park stripping down to his liners in the rain…

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i was on a multiday ride on the southern upland way and a mate snapped his gear hanger. we walked to the nearest town where he was at the front of the queue for a bus to village we were camping in. the bus driver wouldn't let him on so he took the wheels off and there was no stress!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Can you take a bike on a bus?’ is closed to new replies.