Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Can you still get a roll of film developed on the high street?
  • B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’ve found a camera with what I think is a roll of film in from around 2005. Would be interesting to get it developed, but is it possible to have it quickly and easily done locally these days???. Have the likes of
    Prontaprint all closed down now?. Or, do you have to send them off somewhere now?

PePPeR

My local tesco does, cheapest way is to get them to print to cd, you can then get only anything useful printed rather than a whole roll of possibly useless Old pictures.

Slogo
    Free Member

boots?

butcher

boots?

I went in to a big retail park Boots store a few months ago, thinking they would definitely do it. They didn’t.

They did point me to another Boots store that did/do do it. I’ve still not managed to get there.

Bit hit and miss I think. Very little demand for it these days.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

yup, or e-mail truprint customer services and they can send you the freepost envelopes. No chance never having to show your face in Tesco again if it turns out to be one of ‘those’ photos.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’ve just realised I actually miss the days when excitedly I took a film to be developed, having mostly forgot what pics I’d taken on some Hol or trip. waiting, anticipating, pacing around town having paid a small ransom at Max Spielmann for 1 hr processing, only to find most of them were crap.

iain1775
    Free Member

After 9 years will the exposures be any good?
    Do these things have a life expectancy once used?
    I found old camera the other day too, and 3 undeveloped and 5 unused films

Cougar

They should last for donkey’s years, if they’ve not been abused (eg, left in a car or some such). Higher speed film will expire sooner.

bigG
    Free Member

There are a few places that still process color film, some Tesco, asda and boots do. Black & white film is a whole different matter. I’ve not found anywhere that’ll do it and since I don’t have my own darkroom anymore I’ve got a few rolls of ilford b&w needing done.

butcher

After 9 years will the exposures be any good?
    Do these things have a life expectancy once used?
    I found old camera the other day too, and 3 undeveloped and 5 unused films

I wouldn’t expect perfect results. You’ll probably get colour casts and stuff. They do have a sell by date. But if it’s been 9 years I dare say that’s not too important. It might even look quite cool! Pro film used to be kept in refrigerators to stop the colours shifting and stuff.

Got one myself from about 10 years ago. Quite intrigued as to how it will turn out!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve had a few 5+ year old rolls developed, the effect’s a bit lo-fi/instagram, no idea what’s happening technically but it looks a bit 70’s and slightly over exposed. Those films had been in almost ideal conditions for that time in the back of a wooden drawer (dark, cool, low humidity).

user-removed
    Free Member

Colour, slide and b&w – best service in the UK IMHO.

Peak Imaging

PePPeR

Another vote for peak imaging for high quality processing and black and white film.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Can you still get a roll of film developed on the high street?’ is closed to new replies.