Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Can you still clamp cars on private land?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Got a plot of land with five newly built houses on it, the entrance to the site is at the top of a dead end terraced street where people turn round. We own the top of the street but don’t plan to stop people from turning round. The entrance area will be chevroned up with private painted on the road and double yellows etc. 5 new houses in a line with two spots to park in front of each. I have visions that when we leave every man and his dog will be parking up there when they can’t get a spot on the street. This is obviously the last thing we want when it comes to viewings etc. so the question is can we put clamping signs up and subsequently clamp anyone who parks on this totally private land??

wrecker
    Free Member

Wouldn’t you need a permit scheme?

MSP

See how it goes first, I think most people won’t actually park on areas marked as private. However if it does become a problem, some key operated bollards for the parking spaces may be a better option than clamping, certainly less likely to lead to confrontations and recriminations.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BoardinBob

As per wrecker, you’ll need licenced, signage that leaves no one in any doubt over the parking condition, someone stationed there to do the clamping etc.

How about some simple signs advising people not to park there?

thegreatape
    Free Member

I saw a bloke putting a wheel clamp on his own caravan, in his own driveway, the other day. Can’t work out if he’s a sadist or a masochist.

TooTall
    Free Member

I saw a bloke putting a wheel clamp on his own caravan, in his own driveway, the other day. Can’t work out if he’s a sadist or a masochist.

He is a shed-dragger, therefore a bit of both.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Unfotnately it would appear on this street it’s every man for himself when it comes to parking. Its not something we want to do because the last thing we want is things on site being vandalised in revenge etc. I even had one bloke park up on the site entrance whilst we were muck shifting, clearly fenced off etc. We had to move his car with the aid of some mechanical machinery shall I say!
    I did think the whole clamping thing was a bit of a no no these days to be fair!

druidh
    Free Member

Illegal in Scotland where it is deemed “extortion”.
    I believe there are moves afoot to replicate this in England.
    Dunno about Wales.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Can you still clamp cars on private land?’ is closed to new replies.