Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Can you stand bikes upright in a superb estate?
  • mikeyp

If you take the front wheel off? Just wondered how tall they were inside. My mates A6 had a sloping roof line meaning you can’t line a load of bikes up.
    Cheers

hot_fiat

If you take the seat post out or drop it then yes. Not that I nicked me dads superb while they were away, oh no. (Shhhh)

mikeyp

awesome, not sure what the showroom will say if I try it. Might clean the bike first

taxi25
    Free Member

I’ve got a mk4 Mondeo estate, I don’t think the Superb is any higher in the back. No chance with my bike its 77cm from the centre of the b/b to the top of the saddle. It would need to be 66cm max. So small bikes small riders only, unless you take the saddle and seat post out, loads of room then.

PePPeR

Superbs have a rack system in the boot, check which the dealer whether they do a bike holder for it.

hot_fiat

The Skoda rack is ok, but there’s so many places to tie stuff down to in a superb it’s not really worthwhile.

mikeyp

I saw those, ok for the roadie but not the thru axle though.

MrFannay
    Free Member

Apologies for posting this pic again but it still makes people rethink their estate options.
    Here’s my 59 plate Honda Civic type R with 4 bikes (2x FS, 2x roadies), 8 wheels still with enough room for the tent, 2 kit bags, airbeds, sleeping bags, box of food, case of beer and tools.

nickdavies

Yes no bother, a mates got one and it swallows them fine front wheel off.
    The things a bloody cavern inside…

shortcut

I can get them in an Octavia with the saddles down. A lot depends on whether you are a giant though.

P20

Seatposts lowered and front wheels off, our octavia can manage three bikes, three people and kit with ease

olliesdad
    Free Member

Honda Jazz – went off to Swinley yesterday with 3 bikes (standing up) plus my two boys. And no need to lower the seat post (I am 6’1 for reference).

hunta

Don’t bother with the interior Skoda bike rack. I tried it and it doesn’t really work – best fit is for the Yeti or Roomster I’m guessing.

I went the standing up route first off but ended up lobbing a massive cheap plastic sheet in the back and lying it down. Much easier for one bike as you don’t have the bother of stopping it falling over.

shifter
    Free Member

Mr Fannay’s picture has certainly made me rethink my estate options – I need a Superb.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Can you stand bikes upright in a superb estate?’ is closed to new replies.