• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by duff.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Can you send a pair of wheels via Myhermes?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

I don’t fully understand the size spec for medium parcels, and haven’t created the parcel yet anyway.

Have any of you send a wheelset via them? Do you have to use courier pickup rather than shop dropoff?

Thanks

duff
    Free Member

I’ve sent a few sets of wheels with them no problem. I tend to drop off with a shop as there seems to be a delay of 2 days between pick up and arrival at my local depot when the courier collects from my house.

A couple of shops have grumbled at the bigger boxes but no issues so far.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Ive sent a set and just dropped them off at the shop. One of the shops I use has a big parcel storage area so I knew it wouldn’t be an issue.

nixie

Pair, I don’t think so. Individual yes, done it twice with 26″ front wheels. I made a slip box not much bigger than the wheel which meant the overall dimensions came under their limit. I’d suspect 29ers would be too but and possible even a 650b. It was close with the 26″.

Easier to use DHL as the package size is bigger.

nixie

There is a size calculator on their site which doe site calculation for you.

chakaping
    Free Member

Could be touch and go then.

I haven’t made the box yet so I don’t know the exact dimensions, got to cut down a bike box for it.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I cut a wheel box down to send 26″ wheels, it just fitted in their max dimensions.

mcj78
    Free Member

If you’re cutting down a bike box to fit exactly round them you should be fine – the max size stated (245cm) is the longest side + the circumference, eg. (70 + 20) x2 + 70 = 214cm, bit of cardboard origami & you should be fine!

duff
    Free Member

I’ve sent several sets of road wheels in wheel boxes with no issues, last set was 2 individual boxes (road wheels) taped together.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Can you send a pair of wheels via Myhermes?’ is closed to new replies.