Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Can you run a 48t on Shimano 10 Speed Dyna-Sys XT?
  • newbers
    Free Member

Hi, I’ve been running Mega 9 on 48-36-26 and a rear cassette of 11-34t on my on-one inbred and I’ve basically worn the groupset out.

I appreciate it’s an unorthodox setup but I like to run big gears, semi slicks (conti double fighters) high pressures. I ride very fast, munch the hills out of the saddle in big gears with lower cadence on a varied mix of proper off-road, tracks and road.

I’m happy with that set-up (so there’s not much point suggesting dual chainset etc) but now I am looking at a new groupset I see all of the 10 speed stuff seems to come with 44t max. I’ve also looked at just replicating the Mega 9 stuff but parts seem to be beginning to be discontinued for this and if possible I’d rather go to 10 speed.

Does anyone know if you can run (or has a setup)the newer Dyna-sys 10 speed with the gearing above? (I’ve had a good look but can’t find anything) taking into account not just the availability of a 48t 10 speed chainset, but also capabilities of the front / rear mechs in the series. I’d really rather run XT MTB rather than the LX touring stuff.

Thanks in advance, J

newbers
    Free Member

Bumpety..

rootes1

yes.

example XT trekking 10 speed triple 48-36-26

http://www.bike24.com/p224816.html

10speed double and triples are 4 arm 104/64mm pcd – so you just get rings to suit

obviously shimano do mechs to suit…

njee20
    Free Member

Yep, you can, as above.

48t ring? Double Fighters? How mid-90s!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Can you run a 48t on Shimano 10 Speed Dyna-Sys XT?’ is closed to new replies.