Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Can you reduce Fox Floats travel with basic home tools?
  • bigdan6
    Free Member

Can it be done?
    How can it be done?
    What do I need?

Many thanks
    🙂

Speshpaul

Yes, would can insert a spacer or move a pin.
    google it the deatils are on the fox site

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

define basic. It can be done at home with a couple of allen keys, a couple of sockets, and a bit of time and the travel reducer part/fluids from Fox.

There are lots of guides on line, mainly youtube and the like.

bigdan6
    Free Member

Thanks. There seems to be ‘special’ tools for removing stuff before being able to install the spacer.
    Mine are circ 2011/12

Do I have to purchase this tool or can I use something from my DIY tool box ?

bigdan6
    Free Member

It’s a ‘damper removal tool’ what is it and can i use a hammer/mallet/forehead instead….?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

looks like something to screw onto the damper shaft to be able to clout, er, tap it free from the leg. I always use a socket onto the shaft nut.

all advise given in a “if you bork it it’s nowt to do with me manor”

joshvegas
    Free Member

Araldite should be sufficient to reduce travel?

stevede
    Free Member

I used this guide when I did mine, very easy, http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1VelBrbVfLY&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D1VelBrbVfLY the only tool that you may not have is a socket or spanner to get the top cap off on the left leg.

iolo
    Free Member

Cut 10mm -20mm off the shaft with a hacksaw

bigdan6
    Free Member

Stevede- cheers mate. Very helpful

Mugboo

Ground down socket for top cap. Don’t know if its essential but it helps prevent rounding the top caps off. If your near Bradford I can lend you one.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Can you reduce Fox Floats travel with basic home tools?’ is closed to new replies.