Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Can you recommend me a shop to service my bike in Bristol please?
  • bintangman
    Free Member

The last one I used didn't tighten up the brakes properly and I got left with only a front brake in the middle of the Brecons last time (won't say which shop, and I should have checked before heading out on an epic), but does anyone have any recommendations please?

cheers
    Pete

coogan
    Free Member

Have a read on here:

http://www.parktool.com/repair/

Cheaper and easier to do it yourself, seriously. If I can fixed my bikes, anyone can!

bintangman
    Free Member

thanks coogan – thats a good site, which I hadn't seen before. Guess I need to take the plunge and invest what I'd spend in a service on some kit.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

I can thoroughly recommend Cycle Surgery in Filton. We do nearly all our own bike stuff now, but Matt in the workshop is great if there's anything particularly tricky (or if my husband's at work and I'm being a bit of a wuss!). He's a great guy and does a good job – his fully kitted out park tool workshop obviously helps! (Can't vouch for the other guy who works there mind!)

MrAgreeable

Whenever I need anything complicated doing to mine, I've always found James at Psyclewerx to be very good.

richc
    Free Member

best bike shop i've found is badassbikes, Box is an ex rockshox team mechanic and racer so knows what he's doing.

He has a shop at the base of burrington combe so you can combine a ride with the service.

trickydisco
    Free Member

I've always found this guy good cycle therapist.I know he's worked peoples forks for mega avalance

unfortunate name (cycle the rapist )

bintangman
    Free Member

thanks all – I haven't been to or used any of those, so I'll give them a try.

cheers

thekingofsweden

Give Si at webbs of warmley a call (its his shop ) Top bloke proper friendly service he knows his onions thats for sure
    Official Orbea and Willier Pro build bike shop too and tell him i told you too ring the kettles always on 🙂

http://www.webbsofwarmley.co.uk
    14 High Street
    Warmley, Bristol BS15 4ND
    0117 967 3676

TooTall
    Free Member

Second Si in Warmley. Top bloke even if he does ride on roads a bit too much.

thekingofsweden

Indeed he does, he has entered the ssec tho 😀

genesis
    Free Member

Mud Dock any cop?

zomersetglider

I've got my bike booked in to Cycle Surgery,Filton tomorrow for the 1st time so I'll wait to see the quality of service.

In the past I've always used Box @ Badass bikes too as he's the dogs but it's often difficult to get over the city and out to him during the week. However I really to recommend his service.

TooTall
    Free Member

genesis – I was very happy with some spannering they did for me last year. I'm still not really cool enough to be one of their regular customers.

genesis
    Free Member

Used to live outside Malmsbury and went in there a few times nice shop, would love to own a place like that. Kind of like a UK version of Mellow Johnny's.

bintangman
    Free Member

got it booked into Badass, as I can get out there at lucnthime without too much hassle and i work the airport side of bristol. Going to get my forks serviced at the same time, and possibly shock. Dilema is that the cost of a shock service goes someway to getting a RP23 (or even less towards a Cane Creek), and I've got an old 5th element – but thats a whole new thread!!

colande
    Free Member

a little late in my recommendation,
    but for everyone else,
    Jake's bikes
    http://www.jakesbikes.co.uk/content/index.php

more of a workshop than bike sales (but they do that as well),
    very knowledgeable and high standards of work.
    no fancy setup, just a really good honest workshop
    I would highly recommend.
    and if you wanna learn Jake does tuition also!

petefromearth

i'd agree with coogan – learn how to do it yourself. that way next time your bike stops working in the middle of nowhere, you can fix it in a jiffy. get yourself some Lidl hex keys and you're away!

if i had to recommend a mechanic i'd say James at psyclewerx – i don't shop there anymore but he's a good guy

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Can you recommend me a shop to service my bike in Bristol please?’ is closed to new replies.