Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Can you recommend me a nice restaurant in Paris please
  • Tom-B
    Free Member

….for Mrs B’s 30th birthday, next March.

I’ve just booked her a surprise 2 night trip to Paris on her actual birthday. We love the city, but as foodies I have to say, were very underwhelmed by the food when we last went…..I’d guess that we just weren’t at the right places!

We’re staying right by Parc Monceau so somewhere not too far away if possible.

MrSmith
    Free Member

L’ Ecluse ave Carnot near the arc de Triomphe

Edit: it’s quite trad so maybe not what you are looking for.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Rolls up sleeves*

The 8th is a bit of a challenge for me, so here’s a couple of my fave Paris spots. Hope it’s of some help!

Le Train Bleu. A bit of a way across town at Gare de Lyon. Yes, it really does look like this!

Le Clos Bourguignon. In the 9th, and just around the corner from an old office of mine. Perhaps my favourite watering hole and bistro in Paris. It’s nothing special, but that’s exactly why I find it special. It’s a very “real” Parisian bistro. Family run, well priced and you simply must drink the chilled Fleurie with your Steak Frites.

Fouquet’s – Probably the closest to your hotel, and very glam with it. A little touch of Hollywood in Paris. Only went once, for lunch, but was very impressed.

palmer77
    Free Member
    RobHilton
    Free Member

I went here a few years ago: http://www.guysavoy.com/

Nowhere near as poncey as it could have been and very relaxed – superb food and top notch service.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

L’Affroile is a short walk from the Eiffel Tower.
    Quite possibly the best meal we have ever eaten.
    Staff were wonderful.
    Not too ponsey.
    You definitely need to book for an evening meal.
    Recommended in an article in the Sunday Times several years ago.
    If you time it right you can catch the Eiffel Tower lit up and sparkling (apparently on the hour every hour after dark).

cheekyboy
    Free Member

No, soz

jambalaya
    Free Member

Alain Ducasse Bistro – Benoit – 1 Michelin star. Pricey (as you would expect for Ducasse) traditional bistro done very well. Benoit

Let me know what you think. Will get you some other suggestions (lived there for a year a gf is Parisian)

Have a look at website / app “La Forchette” great for discounts and reviews

globalti
    Free Member

Don’t bother with pretentious French food, it’s as passé as French wine.

Lebanese every time for fresh, healthy food and friendly service.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Bookmarked for my trip to Bercy next week!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Interesting Globalti….we went to a Lebanese restaurant on our last trip to Paris, and it was just as overpriced and mediocore as the other meals that we had!

thebrowndog
    Free Member

This place is terrific. Super friendly, lovely food, devastatingly expensive but then that’s Paris.

http://www.lilotvache.fr/

ElShalimo

Clementine in the 2nd arrondisement

atlaz
    Free Member

Le Hide by the Arc de Triomphe. It’s tiny so be sure to book and don’t be late, 15 mins and you’re losing your table.

ElShalimo

There’s been a few Paris restaurant threads on here over the last year so it’s worth searching the site

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Can you recommend me a nice restaurant in Paris please’ is closed to new replies.