Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Can you recommend a place to stay in Kendal?
  • jhw
    Free Member

Thanks! Hotel…B&B…whatever

postierich
    Free Member

When you planning on coming up?

timc
    Free Member

me too 🙂 somewhere bike friendly 🙂

grum
    Free Member

Sorry if this isn’t relevant to the OP but if you are coming up to the Lakes for biking Kendal isn’t really the best place to stay as there isn’t much biking from the door. If you need to be near the motorway you’d be better off somewhere around Staveley IMO.

postierich
    Free Member

Really!! to the post above

jhw
    Free Member

Thanks – it’s for the film festival

postierich
    Free Member

Take it you mean the Mountain festival!
    http://www.mountainfest.co.uk/
    Think accomadation will be pretty booked up not a lot in Kendal
    Got a house full already for that weekend planning on organising a ride on that Sunday.Friday is my day off so will be catching the films in the arvo and the bike night and curry afterwards!
    http://www.mountainfest.co.uk/programme-detail.cfm?programme=119
    Sleep in my campervan on my drive if you get really stuck 😀

voodoo_chile

try the “beech house” nice boutique type hotel steep walk after a few beers though ..food try the royal thawa great indian up there

crazy-legs

if you are coming up to the Lakes for biking Kendal isn’t really the best place to stay as there isn’t much biking from the door

?? 😯
    I can string together a 2+hr ride from Kendal over The Helm, Brigsteer, Underbarrow without too much effort. OK, some of it you kind of need to know or discover (rather than just look on a map) but there’s loads of biking right from the town centre if you’re willing to throw in a few bits of road or farm track to link it all up.

Back to the OP: no idea of where to stay but I like the food in the Brewery Arts Centre. There’s a good restaurant and the pub next door does a slightly more basic menu (pizza etc) as well.

Roulercoaster
    Free Member

Youth Hostel – its in the same building as the Brewery Arts?

smuttiesmith
    Free Member

if you are coming up to the Lakes for biking Kendal isn’t really the best place to stay as there isn’t much biking from the door
    ??
    I can string together a 2+hr ride from Kendal over The Helm, Brigsteer, Underbarrow without too much effort. OK, some of it you kind of need to know or discover (rather than just look on a map) but there’s loads of biking right from the town centre if you’re willing to throw in a few bits of road or farm track to link it all up.

+1
    Don’t forget the scars, and whinfell. You can also be off road at the south end of longsleddale in short order. As you have said though I think the riding needs to be earned through local knowledge.

grum
    Free Member

if you are coming up to the Lakes for biking Kendal isn’t really the best place to stay

Which part of that isn’t true? 🙂

I probably should have said there isn’t as much good mountain biking from the door as almost anywhere else in the Lakes. Mind you Kendal isn’t really in the Lakes. 😉

postierich
    Free Member

Dont be upsetting the Kendal folk Grum 🙂

smuttiesmith
    Free Member

The bit that said there isn’t much riding from the door that bit.

Your right it isn’t the best place to stay for mountain biking in the lakes but there is plenty to ride from the door.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Can you recommend a place to stay in Kendal?’ is closed to new replies.