Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Can you recommend a pair of MTB shoes?
  • JAG

I’m in the market for some new mountain bike shoes. I’d like;

SPD compatible (obv’s!)
    BOWA or cable closing system preferred but not a deal-breaker
    Specialized BG or similar technology
    Studs in the toe or option to fit them

Can you recommend a pair you’ve had or got?

I’ve had two pairs of Specialized BG shoes and like them but I’m open to alternatives I just don’t have any experience of them 😆

jim
    Free Member

Just buy another pair of Specialized BG shoes if you like them?

JAG

I’m looking for alternatives because the current Specialized BG have begun to dig into the top of my foot – it’s the edge of the tongue that’s the problem.

It occured to me that I’ve been a little blinkered in my shoe buying so I hoped the STW hive mind could suggest some alternatives to help me break the trend 😛

LS
    Free Member

Lake MX331 – just switched from my S-Works which were on their way out. Very nice. Fits all of your criteria and has moldable bits too.

JAG

The Lake shoes look very nice and get good reviews…

…but maybe I should have said I don’t want to spend over £150 😯

gazhurst
    Free Member

Northwave Extreme Tech Plus

And I believe CRC are selling the Black or Green ones (2014) off at something like £140 at the moment

jim
    Free Member

Giro Terraduro are nice.

everyone
    Free Member

I got some sidi eagles the other day. Very comfy, although I did put a set of the spesh bg insoles in.

uwe-r
    Free Member

I’m waiting on delivery of a pair of Shimano m163. They seem to be a good compromise in terms of decent features / price. They are also middle of the; full on gnarr to race slipper spectrum.

I found a pair for £70 on line, I have gone a full size up – will let you know how they are in a couple of days.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Can you recommend a pair of MTB shoes?’ is closed to new replies.