Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Can you put 1.5-2.2 inners in a minion / high roller (both 2.35)?
  • eightyeight
    Free Member

LBS ran out, so gambled.

Thanks

legend
    Free Member

yup sure can

Scamper
    Free Member

Just realised I did with a 2.4 hr and 2.5 minion this summer. I didn’t die. 😳

druidh
    Free Member

I use a 2.5 – 3″ inner tube in a 4″ tyre….

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Weight saving innit? Neve noticed any issues, not quite the ironclad insurance policy of a full on DH tube of course.

andrewh
    Free Member

I’ve got 2-2.2 tubes in my 2.35 Mininons and I’m still alive.

frank4short
    Free Member

Smaller width tubes will usually work in large width tyres. However in doing so the tubes are usually more stretched e.g. the rubber’s thinner after it’s been done. As a result of which they tend to be more prone to punctures. Though it’s more than possible.

Northwind

It’ll be fine, once you take into account the Maxxis Rubber Ruler Factor you discover that a 2.35 Minion is actually under 2.2 anyway so you’ve bought the correct tube!

(in general, I’ve often used undersized tubes and maybe they pinch easier, but not so much that I can be sure)

james
    Free Member

+1 to northwind. older Maxxis come up small. 1.5-2.2 spesh tubes ive used fine in 2.35″ maxxis folders

a 2.25″ (new) maxxis however (as big as a 2.5″ old maxxis) I haven’t got to work welll with 1.5-2.2 tubes. They’re just too stretched

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Can you put 1.5-2.2 inners in a minion / high roller (both 2.35)?’ is closed to new replies.