Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Can you pinpoint an address from a facebook post ?
  • Torminalis
    Free Member

I lost my dog in a town I lived in but didn’t know well. My phone was out of juice so they couldn’t call me directly as per tag. I went to the pub and they had seen him, and he had been taken home by a woman who knew another woman in Tesco. I went to Tesco and she gave me fairly good directions to where the woman lived and I went there and got the dog. No social media. I wouldn’t worry, they just wanted their dog back.

Sundayjumper

matt has found me, 701arvn has not.

Matt – did that involve companies house, or info obtained from there ? That’s the only place that I’m aware of my address being visible.

cdoc
    Free Member

The pic I posted should be very near, but not exact 😉
    Info from your Iphone 5s, which has geotagging turned on for a couple of pics hosted on ebay, which preserves exif data for some reason.
    One of a couple of routes right back to your house, but by far the easiest.

Drac

A facebook page has your name on it. The person would know the town. Phone book or goggle will do the rest.

Slow down Sherlock and go through that again as this is genius.

Sundayjumper

cdoc – sorry, missed that, viewing at work and they block most photo hosting sites. Yes. Familiar.

Drac

Hmmm! Are you an Officer?

Drac

I hope this wasn’t a Sunday afternoon?

Sundayjumper

Hmmm! Are you an Officer?

Nope. And I don’t recognise that photo either !

Drac

Oh! 😳

matt_outandabout

Sundayjumper – simpler than that, but I will drop you a mail with how.
    It was about 10 clicks…

matt_outandabout

Having found your house, I can’t find your email. Please drop me a message. 😳

scandal42
    Free Member

I would always avoid posting photo’s of the actual dog on FB.

It’s common for people to try and claim ownership of said dog and use them for very unpleasant activities. A picture gives them no need to describe the dog.

nedrapier

matt_outandabout – Member
    Having found your house, I can’t find your email. Please drop me a message.

Send him a letter!

matt_outandabout

Game on…

Drac

A picture gives them no need to describe the dog.

Yup but not it’s name or how the dog responds when it sees them.

allfankledup

Man that is an insight into how to find things with a bit of google foo. Must turn off geotagging now and again

Have you still got the Caravelle ?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Matt just turned your web can around to point out the window. Just click OK when it pops up next and put some trousers on

Sundayjumper

…or how the dog responds when it sees them.

To be fair, the dog happily came home with a compete stranger and was running around my garden, having cuddles and licking my face. He didn’t seem any more/less happy when his owner collected him.

Have you still got the Caravelle ?

Yes, but I’ve posted pics of it on here in the past, so it’s hardly a secret !

scuttler

“Get some sleep. You look tired”

Like. As a film scene, not quite as good as “She’s standing right next to you” though which is my favourite eva!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V8IvMiUlZM[/video]

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Can you pinpoint an address from a facebook post ?’ is closed to new replies.