Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Can you overlay these photos to show each phase of the jump in one picture?
  • imnotamused
    Free Member

And can you tell me how to do the merge myself?

Many thanks!

tinribz
    Free Member

Not gonna look good with the camera having moved. Bikes are bad for masking with spokes and stuff.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

yep, camera needs to be on a tripod for the whole sequence of you're going to be doing a whole lot of merging/erasing/blending etc in photoshop.

tinribz
    Free Member

I reckon you need a tripod and more acute angle.

tinribz
    Free Member

And can you tell me how to do the merge myself?

GrahamS

I've done shots like this before and you don't need a tripod at all.
    Just load each shot as a layer in Photoshop and move the layers to line them up.
    Then you can use eraser, mask or clone to merge the layers together.

imnotamused
    Free Member

Nice one tinribz, like it. Thanks. Will look at that vid and have a play with photoshop layers too. New to photoshop tho.

Ewan
    Free Member

You don't need a tripod at all, you don't even need to line them up that well if you're careful where you merge the photos. All of the following were done sans tripod.

Spray and pray is the key. And mad photoshop skillz, obviously.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

last time i tried that method I was trying for hours to clone three trunks, spokes, branches etc and got fed up with it. If the camera stays still then you just merge the photos as layers with no cloning etc required. It's much easier but means you would have to carry a tripod obviously.

spot the mistakes 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Tinribz – is that at the top of the first descent in Morzine?

imnotamused
    Free Member

mastiles_fanylion – no, it's the last jump on the Les Gets 4x track at the bottom of the red run.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Can you overlay these photos to show each phase of the jump in one picture?’ is closed to new replies.