Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Can you modify a 2-position Gravity Dropper to 3 position?
  • johnhe

So I can have one setting which is about an inch lower than full-up climbing.

druidh
    Free Member

Yes. It’s just a question of dismantling it and drilling a hole where you want it to stop.

However, there have been reports of failures with the 3 hole model. Do a bit of searching before you commit.

Simon

You can buy the multi drop head if you don’t want to drill your existing post.

steveh

I had the multi drop version and snapped the inner post at the middle hole the one time I used it. I got a new one on warranty but they basically said yeah you can’t really use that middle hole.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Why would it snap when you use the middle hole? I could understand it snapping there at full extension (greatest leverage and the obvious weak point), but just because the saddle is down a bit and the pin in that hole it shouldn’t make any difference.

FWIW I have 3 multi position GD’s – the oldest of which is 7 years old and have had no problems. I’ve only taken it apart and lubed it once and that was because I was curious, not because I needed to!

druidh
    Free Member

boriselbrus – Member
    Why would it snap when you use the middle hole?

Dunno. I don’t understand either, but there are definitely “issues”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Can you modify a 2-position Gravity Dropper to 3 position?’ is closed to new replies.