Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Can you identify this brake rotor for me?
  • globalti
    Free Member

Had a bits box clearout this morning and will be putting some retro stuff on Eblag this evening.

One of the bits was a brake rotor, looking a little scratched where somebody attacked a couple of the mounting bolts. I have no idea how it came into my possession though I think it could have been when I bought a pair of Hope brakes off the web about 15 years ago, which turned out to be sadly neglected; I think the rotor came with them which makes me think it might be an early Hope rotor.

The diameter is 165mm and as far as I can make out the BCD is 84mm. Googling doesn’t throw anything up at all – are these standard sizes?

sssimon
    Free Member

hope mechanical from mid nineties

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

looks like an old hope big un, but could be wrong

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I bet that weighs some!

legend
    Free Member

Singlespeed_Shep – Member
    looks like an old hope big un, but could be wrong
    POSTED 9 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Certainly the old Hope 5-bolt pattern, so would direct mount into a Big Un or would use a carrier to mount the likes of an XC/Sport/BULB (BULB had a different spline to the other two though).

Would work with Hope mechanical or with the old closed system brakes or with early open ones (“O2’s”)

globalti
    Free Member

It weighs 164gms.

Is my measurement of 84mm BCD correct then?

coatesy
    Free Member

Won’t be for a Mechanical, they were 155mm as far as I remember (think type 1 hydraulics were too), it’ll be for C/02 5 bolt IS systems, but will work on Minis too (with reduced squealing if my experience is anything to go by).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Can you identify this brake rotor for me?’ is closed to new replies.