Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Can you help with my Numb Feet…?
  • Ro5ey
    Free Member

Has anyone use suffered from numb feet when riding and found out what the problem was and fixed it ?

Seem to be much worse for me when I’m on the road bike, it took a good half hour for complete feeling to return last night after a two hour road ride. But I also get it to a lesser degree on the MTB.

Different shoes for road/MTB but both spd…. My left foot is worse that the right and last night, after an hour riding, I had the fastenings pretty much undone… so that leads me to believe it must be the seat or my position, but they are both comfortable otherwise.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks in advance.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I had the same with my right foot. Bought bigger shoes and its fine,

It would be worth getting someone to look at them. to many variables.

chojin
    Free Member

I’m in the same boat… I found converting to flat pedals and using comfortable skate shoes stopped the numbness. Haven’t found a solution for the road bike as yet though 🙁

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wwaswas

my experience was that it was worse on a road bike.

it seemed to be mainly that I ‘clenched’ my toes inside the shoe when pedalling. On the mtb I move aroudn more, get off for gates (and climbs!) and walk etc so the problem didn’t arise very much.

I’ve found that wiggling my toes on any pedally section on the mtb or every few minutes on the road bike avoids the problem.

jam-bo

stiffer shoes, larger cleats sorted it for me.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

don’t do your laces up so tight – and do your laces up whilst you don’t have any weight on your foot, such as sitting down, otherwise your arch may collapse a bit and then spring back up when you take the weight off the foot, causing compression across the top of the foot.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Can you help with my Numb Feet…?’ is closed to new replies.