Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • CAn you help me find an old BMX competition on youtube?
  • lister

I remember seeing coverage on early Sat or Sunday C4 telly a long time ago of an indoor BMX competition.
    I’m fairly sure Paul Roberts was commentating and the bit I can remember and would like to see again was of a rider trying time after time to do a huge transfer from one vert ramp to another and failing everytime until the organisers asked him to stop!
    It was a fairly small and tight riding area with spectators up on a balcony…
    I realise that this probably describes a huge amount of BMX videos but it’s worth a go!
    Cheers

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

That would have been Morgan Wade trying the transfer I bet. Backyard Jam 2006.

Pretty sure it was this one with the red ramps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo3GAS2zERw

2007 they had green ramps i think

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Just had a look and Im a year out, 2005 was the red ramps and 06 the green ramps i think. Cant remember which year it was but theres a ton of videos on youtube and google video

SOAP
    Free Member

try BMXMDB.com 🙂

lister

hmm…the venue doesn’t look right, it was more compact and the crowd was much smaller and closer…but thanks, I love watching that stuff, they don’t get the recognition they deserve for their generally amazing skills and bottle!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Its in here somewhere: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB2oB__Sf-E

Probably somewhere close to the end, cant be bothered skipping through trying to find it, but its Paul Roberts commentating.

lister

David, you were right! it’s at 22mins 20seconds…that was what I had stuck in my head…thank you!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I just watched it, he’s a beast!

martinxyz
    Free Member

bmxbeat? Im picturing hugo gonzales trying 540s and slamming hard.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Martinxyz- I’m seeing Eddie Fiola and Mike Dominguez on a quarter pipe at Carlise Sands Centre

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘CAn you help me find an old BMX competition on youtube?’ is closed to new replies.