Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Can you guess what McDonalds food item this is?
  • organic355
    Free Member

Jerome
    Free Member

Looks like strawberry milkshake.
    But I suspect all is not what is appears..

thomthumb
    Free Member

pink slime = beef

thegreatape
    Free Member

Chicken. Next.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Chicken nuggets

binners

filet o fish

binners

gherkins for the big macs?

missnotax
    Free Member

Oooh ooh, I know….!

(but I kind of wish I didn’t….)

wwaswas

at least they keep their yellow pipes clean…

cp

burgers isn’t it? Very very old news.

organic355
    Free Member

Chicken. Next.

give it its full delicious title please, its “Mechanically Separated Chicken”, Mmm, Mmmm. Chicken nuggets taste good.

Basically the entire chicken is smashed and pressed through a seive, bones, eyes, feet,guts and all. Then washed in ammonia to kill the bacteria and flavored artificially.

sputnik
    Free Member

mechanically seperated chicken=nuggets

carlos
    Free Member

Mechanically removed Chicken, really, it is.

Damn, to slow and its separated anyway 😉

brooess
    Free Member

I suspect if people saw the full manufacturing cycle for MaccyD’s products, they wouldn’t go near them ever again…

We need to re-learn rearing and killing our own food, for our own survival. There’s surely no nutrition in a substance like that? <can’t really call it food>

Looks like strawberry milkshake which means it’s probably burger…

Northwind

Horse. More specifically, horse knob.

FuzzyWuzzy

Mmm hungry…

binners

Basically the entire chicken is smashed and pressed through a seive, bones, eyes, feet,guts and all. Then washed in ammonia to kill the bacteria and flavored artificially.

They only do that in America. Its illegal in Europe. Makes putting horses in burgers look a bit tame doesn’t it?

missnotax
    Free Member

In a TV show I watched last year Jamie Oliver showed a load of American kids how chicken nuggets were made, putting all the yucky stuff in a blender etc etc to put them off. They were all agreeing about how yucky and horrible it was, and yet when the mashed up artificially flavoured gunk was shaped into a nugget and cooked half an hour later they all put their hands up to say that they would eat it. And indeed they did.

This, I fear, is the real problem!!

lemonysam
    Free Member

Mcnuggets haven’t been made from MSM for a decade…

TooTall
    Free Member

given that the source programme doesn’t name a brand, and that McDonalds uses white meat, you’ve just added your own misinformation to it for some misguided reason.

Or are you making stuff up for another reason?

From the McD’s website:

We only use chicken breast meat from approved suppliers, and we don’t add any artificial colours or flavours

So what is your source?

SaxonRider

I read a book called ‘Fast Food Nation’ back about 10 years ago. I haven’t eaten at a fast food restaurant since.

Seriously. Check it out.

brooess
    Free Member

Even if the opening post is misleading, Maccy D’s is hardly healthy food of the kind we need to eat, is it?

enfht
    Free Member

What is your point caller?

Your username indicates you’re far too high brow to consider eating this, so are you trying to educate or just save the world?

trail_rat
    Free Member

is why ANY fast food is a last resort for me.

after not eating for three days in ukraine the sight of the golden arches was good …. didnt feel particularly good after it but a damn sight better than not eating at all.

Cougar

Never used in the EU, and I believe not in the US for several years.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Even if the opening post is misleading, Maccy D’s is hardly healthy food of the kind we need to eat, is it?

So? Pork pies aren’t especially healthy and use icky looking mushed up meat. Where’s the howls of protest against the burgher of Melton Mowbray?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I suspect if people saw the full manufacturing cycle for MaccyD’s products any mass produced foods, they wouldn’t go near them ever again…

Chips? Where’s the howls of protest about the death dealing deep fried potato merchants?

Drac

Ah yes, you do realise it’s a fake?

enfht
    Free Member

Loads of Maccy snobs on STW. I blame chronic exposure to Lycra.

Sausage&Egg McMuffin anyone?

wwaswas

death dealing deep fried potato merchants?

I hear the really bad ones substitute Horse Chestnuts for potato.

binners

Aaaaaaaaaah I love the smell of food snobbery in the afternoon. Smells like…. smells like…. organic cous cous

mrmoofo

It’s not McNuggets of the modern time. The OP seems to have an axe to grind. TBH, McDs produce an offering for a good price – and you don’t have to eat it.
    There is no attempt to get the food nazis into the stores.

Interestingly I would probably put down money of the fact that McDs restaurants have better standards than you home kitchen.

No doubt someone will come through an claim they found a used condom/ severed finger/ whole austin allegro in a chicken nugget – unless it was sabotage, it doesn’t happen …

I’ve seen many of the McDs processors plants – I would be perfectly happy eating the food …

Now the artinesal suppliers in Turkey and France might be a different matter

whatnobeer
    Free Member

My first step when seeing a photo like in the OP is to do a google image search for the image to try and find the original in context and a check on snopes. Most of the time the text with the image in bullshit. In this case, it’s not all bull, but mostly. Between the Snopes article on MSM and this I agree with whatever the **** it is, it might be chicken, but definitely isn’t in a McChicken Nugget. I never get why normally intelligent people will believe anything they see on the Internet if its got an unverified photo with it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Not convinced. Why would you mash up all the high value parts of a chicken (breast and leg) with all the rubbish?

AFAIK mechanically reclaimed meat as it appears on our ingredients lists (or did, at least) is made by taking the carcasses AFTER they have been butchered, cooking them til soft, and washing all the meat off. Which is basically what I just did to make soup, although I did it by hand instead of using a machine.

Fast food is not cooked with love and care (yes, really) but it’s not as bad as some shock-merchants would have you believe.

McDs do sell chicken breast fillets, free range eggs, arabica coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice, if you find yourself in an emergency situation.

Oh yeah, and I think almost all chicken, unless it’s been hand slaughtered and dressed is de-feathered by being put in a bath of warm water first to make it easier. It’s this warm water that grows bacteria, and that’s why chicken has to be fully cooked before eating – again AFAIK.

That includes your high brow free range organic chicken too.

mrmoofo

No, they are not produced like that at all.
    All you have done is made yourself look like an ignorant twonk in the public domain. How about making the effort to research things first?

nickjb
    Free Member

Seems like a pretty efficient process to me. All the bits that might go to waste are be fed to people who are happy to eat it. Good on them. Surely it’s better than going to Waitrose, just buying the best bits and expecting the rest of the chicken to go in the bin.

PMK2060

I can remember watching a programme with Rick Stein who claimed that free range chicken tasted a lot better than intensively reared chicken. They did a blind test and the intensively reared chicken was his first choice. Foods snobs quite often talk out of the arse (imo).

There is nothing wrong with McD’s in moderation and their food is better than a lot of the food sold in cafes / supermarkets.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

In praise of the McNugget

Caution – contains swearing

They got the boneall the way out the damn chicken

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Can you guess what McDonalds food item this is?’ is closed to new replies.