Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Can you get these camping gas cannisters in Europe?
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Still not decided what camping stove to get for our month roadtrip around Europe (including Eastern Europe hopefully).

Used one of these at the weekend, and was impressed by how simple and easy to use they are –

So, can you get the cannisters for them in mainland Europe? Or will we struggle to find them?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Campingaz-CP250-Resealable-Gas-Cartridges/dp/B002CRY0IC

Should we just go back to our original plan of a petrol stove (which is more faff etc)?

Ta, Duane.

kimbers

yes you can
    you can even get the identical burner in decathlon.fr

http://www.decathlon.fr/rechaud-stable-camp-bistro-id_8174911.html

Duane…
    Free Member

Thanks, yeah we shouldn’t have any problems in France with Decathlon etc, but what about when we head down to Slovenia, Croatia etc?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Primus Omnifuel 🙂

Duane…
    Free Member

Nice but expensive! We were looking at Coleman petrol stoves (can get them for about £40 used), but after using one of the above stoves at the weekend, which was just as easy to use as a stove at home (which will be nice when we’re knackered after driving all day), kinda tempted by one of them..

scotroutes

I have a clone of one of those (Go Outdoors) that I keep in the van for brew-ups. They’re not the quickest/hottest things to use, especially in cold weather.

glupton1976
    Free Member

They do take a hell of a long time to boil water. If the canister isnt 100% full you may never get the water to boiling point.

onehundredthidiot

Had one it was OK but as above long time to brew not much out of a canister and when then plastic on the lever to engage went it was inpossible to use. A multifuel where a bit more hassle will always be fuelable and potentially more robust.

Duane…
    Free Member

Hmm OK, took a while to boil some pasta the other day but didn’t seem too horrendous.

How about the Coleman 442? Just seems a bit messier with having to carry fuel etc.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Coleman-442-Feather-Dual-Fuel-Single-Cooked-Stove-Peak-1-Backpacking-or-Extreme-/330877118601?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Camping_CookingSupplies_ET&hash=item4d09d02889

Ta, Duane.

onehundredthidiot

That’s the road I’d take. Now you’re on a road trip where might you find fuel for it 😀

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

+1 sounds good.

May the wind always be at your back.

Duane…
    Free Member

Haha yeah, does make a bit more sense I guess. We’d probably be carrying a 5L plastic jerry can too.

Any thoughts on the best way to carry the stove and jerry can, seeing as we will have clothes etc in the boot too and don’t want everything stinking of fuel. Some kind of water/fuel proof bag?

onehundredthidiot

Something like this? One for Jerry can one for stove.

Just a thought

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I use the Primus bottle above, fits in a bottle cage when touring.

AFAIK the rule is fuel outside the pack, for the reasons you gave.

Can’t you fit it to the car etc?

Selled
    Free Member

We have one of these, works great. Often in Croatia and can definitely get the gas cans. when the can gets near empty the pressure drops, but this is far from halfway,it really is neatly empty.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Can you get these camping gas cannisters in Europe?’ is closed to new replies.