Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • can you get a bike and dog in the back of an Audi a5
  • Fantombiker

Anyone got an a5 coupe? Thinking about getting one but not sure how good it is for general bike duties, I like to put bikes in the car with the rear wheel still in but front off. In true STW style the dog is a border terrier…..

gobuchul
    Free Member

Why can’t the dog sit in the front?

bearnecessities

Let it drive?

momo

I can get the bike in my a4 avant with just the front wheel off, same chassis as the a5. Would only work in the 5 door hatchback though, I think you’d struggle to get the bike in through the boot on the 2 door. Can’t comment on space for the dog…

njee20
    Free Member

I reckon you’d probably do it, need to do a bit of jiggery pokery to get the angle right to actually get it in the boot, but they’re a decent size. Just not for people.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Do the seats fold down ? If so with a little work you might get one in the non-hatchback. A hacthback definitely. I would recommend a Duffbag or similar.

Dog could sit next to the bike and or in the front footwell ?

njee20
    Free Member

Yeah they do fold flat in the coupé.

hammyuk
    Free Member

The boot is big BUT the opening is shallow.
    The seats do fold but again its still shallow.
    Rack or both wheels off would be my suggestion after several Ikea runs in one!

dave-c
    Free Member

Put the dog on the roof.

lesgrandepotato

Are they sisters?

stumpyjon

Got my daughters new bike in my sportback last week, one seat down both wheels off. So probably but not great solution.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘can you get a bike and dog in the back of an Audi a5’ is closed to new replies.