Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Can you fit a bike in the boot of an A6?
  • catfood
    Free Member

Wheels off of course.

swisstony
    Free Member

easy, in fact you could probably get 3 in

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’d imagine so – I can get one with ease in the back of my Mondeo with the seats up.

theflatboy
    Free Member

you could probably ride it

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Do what I did. Clean your bike. Phone your friendly local Audi dealer and tell him you are thinking of buying a new car and one of the parameters is that a bike must fit in the back. He will ask you down for a chat, cup of coffee and a go at putting the bike in.

flyingmonkeycorps

I can fit my large Giant VT in the back of my Passat estate, but I do have to take the seat out and the mech hanger off. It’s a big bike though

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I could get my bike with wheels on into my A6 Avant with the seats down. Seats up it had to be both wheels off – the boot isn’t as big as you might think

swisstony
    Free Member

i might have been pushing it a bit with 3 but i can get 2 in mine

catfood
    Free Member

I was wondering about a saloon tho.

-m-
    Free Member

The boot on the A6 saloon is mahoosive. The entry is a bit small, but not too bad. I can’t say that I’ve ever put a bike into the boot of one, but I’d be very surprised if you couldn’t (I used to be able to fit two bikes in the boot of an A4 saloon with the wheels off).

LenHankie

Estate here. Can get two bikes (wheels off) into the boot with the seats still up.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

catfood – Member
    I was wondering about a saloon tho.

You’ll be needing a golf players forum, then.

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

flyingmonkeycorps – how big is your bike ? my Yeti goes in the back of the passat Whole – had my mates gemini in as well (did have take the front wheel off cause of his stupid 7″ travel forks)

leeph
    Free Member

I could not get my 18″ Orange 5 in my Audi A6 Saloon 2002 model, without one of the back seats being put down slightly. Very tight boot access also.

When I had my new model Passat saloon, I could get it in the boot on top of my toolbox, with one seat down and the front wheel off. Never had the need to try it with both seats up though.

catfood
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies folks.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Can you fit a bike in the boot of an A6?’ is closed to new replies.