Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Can you feed dogs herbs?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Anything – mint, coriander, basil…

…anything that would make her breath smell better than the complete funk she’s breathing at the moment 😡

LeeW

I know some dog food has herbs in it, I can’t imagine it hurting the dog – in moderation.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m about to force-feed her coriander in a minute.

Poor thing was a wee bit sick in the night and this morning – and of course being such an intelligent animal, she immediately ate it – Ugh!

2hottie
    Free Member

Doesn’t seem to be a problem for Brian, He will eat everything from ice cubes to bananas. Herbs shouldn’t be an issue. He did eat a frog once, he didn’t like that or the slugs he ate…

hels
    Free Member

I don’t know if this works on dogs, but if my cat has smelley breath I get her teeth checked.

Milkie
    Free Member

…anything that would make her breath smell better than the complete funk she’s breathing at the moment

As above, get her teeth checked or it could be something more serious if it’s been going on for a while.

As for herbs and food in general, our previous dog ate most things pretty much like a human. When giving her something, we would think; would this make me ill?

Raindog
    Free Member

Our dogs breath smells when he needs to go out. Worth a go ? As above, a change of diet try these ? as suggested a dental checkup may help.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ah, she’s only a puppy. My OP was sort of in jest – she’ll be reet tomorrow I reckon. She’s only just got her new teeth – bright and shiny white they are 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Dogs and humans metabolisms are different tho – hence the chocolate thing. They can’t metabolise theobromine.

Herbs have a lot of complex chemicals in them for all those strong tastes and smells, so I’d avoid tbh.

Mrs Grips’s folks have this kind of mouthwash they put in their dog’s water. The dog doesn’t like it much but will drink it eventually, and it works.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

She managed a few mouthfuls of horseshit yesterday before we caught her 🙄

Now…where did I put the mint 🙂

willard

You don’t want them eating slugs or snails… For a start, it’s disgusting, but it can also mean lungworm for the poor things. My mum’s flatcoat just got over a bout of it… Not fun.

As for smelly breath, my Springer has a thing for cat poo. Not pleasant at all, in the slightest. Nothing can get rid off the smell.

Cougar

Mate of mine’s dog has a thing for broccoli, he goes absolutely mental for the stuff.

His breath isn’t the immediate problem afterwards…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

His breath isn’t the immediate problem afterwards…

😆

Cougar

Seriously, share a room with a giant Schnauser who’s been troughing a pile of gravy-soaked broccoli, you’ll never complain about puppy breath again.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Can you feed dogs herbs?’ is closed to new replies.