Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Can you download directly from youtube?
  • tops5
    Free Member

IE without any "capturing" type software? My mate recons there is a down load button somewhere on the video player in youtube – fecked if I can find it!

(Had the other software before so know about that)

andytherocketeer

I used to have some firefox add-on which played it through a local mediaplayer on Linux (forget what it was called though). Used a fraction of the CPU load, automatically picked the highest quality vid available, and allowed you to save a copy.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

no, although if you're using firefox with the downloadhelper add-on then that places a download link on the page just to the top left of the video player on youtube.

saves it as a .flv file, so you need FLV Player to watch them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Potdog
    Free Member

If you have realplayer installed it seems to give you a little download button on the videos. I only noticed recently after updating to current version of free realplayer. Maybe that's what your mate is on about?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Is it the video you need or just the mp3 file?

http://www.video2mp3.net/

You can get it as a firefox addon and it enables you to download the sound as an mp3, Ive got it and it works.

Ive also used the video capture one described above, where it saves it as a flash file that you can play in vlc player

Go to keepvid.com , copy and paste the youtube (or other e.g dailymotion) URL in the box and follow the download instruction.

Easy.

john_drummer
    Free Member

+1 RealPlayer

but that keepvid link looks useful

TexWade
    Free Member

I use a program called videopiggy (it's free). All you do is paste URL in program and output type (eg iPhone mp4) and it downloads. Downloaded an episode of Charlie and lola last which I played on the phone and kept the little one from kicking off and making a scene at my dads wedding

waynekerr
    Free Member

This is free & very good, I've used it for over a year

Linky

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Can you download directly from youtube?’ is closed to new replies.