Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Can you do a forward roll?
  • n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Probably not, but I could eat a Swiss Roll in under a minute. 😉

Yak

I can clear 2 mats in a diving forward roll. About 3 metres. Helped by judo as a kid

Ah yes, we used to do that too. Except we lined up people standing, but folded from the waist. Then the instructor would keep adding people on subsequent jumps until you clattered into the last one…. Not entirely sure what that taught us.

onehundredthidiot

But are those shoulder rolls proper forward rolls?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Onzadog
    Free Member

“proper” or not, they’re safer and more useful.

Tenuous
    Free Member

I’m in the ‘did lots of Jitsu and still can’ camp.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I have two kids that can do that and more. You don’t have a dog and bark yourself.

nach
    Free Member

Yes, but I was trained with a weird technique that involves feeding your lead arm outwards, back of hand to the floor, rather than curling it up in front. It tends to lead to a softer touch between shoulder and floor, making it a bit easier to do from a run.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I assumed I could, as I always did as a kid, but found out the other day I really can’t as I almost broke my neck!

jam-bo

Ah yes, we used to do that too. Except we lined up people standing, but folded from the waist. Then the instructor would keep adding people on subsequent jumps until you clattered into the last one…. Not entirely sure what that taught us.

Don’t be the last one.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Can you do a forward roll?’ is closed to new replies.